An absolute favorite sweet pie with all my family has to be my No Bake Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie. This rich and decadent pie comprises all our favorite flavors, starting with a cookie crumb base, followed by a thick layer of salted caramel and finished with a rich chocolate topping.
No Bake Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie
We really love Easy No Bake Desserts in our home. Not only do they taste delicious, but most are easy enough for the kids to make on their own!
My Salted Caramel No Bake Chocolate Pie takes very little preparation. You just need to ensure you allow at least 2 hours for the pie to set in the refrigerator before serving.
This No Bake Salted Caramel Pie is also a great make ahead pie, so perfect when you have family and friends around for dinner. Prepare the pie in the morning and serve it straight from the refrigerator.
No bake desserts have always been a hit with my kids. Their favorite is probably my No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, with No Bake Reese’s Pieces Pie and No Bake Chocolate Cookie Dough Hearts a close second and third.
They also love my 6 Min Salted Caramel Sauce, so when we tried this No Bake Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie, it was an instant hit! All our favorite flavors in one pie!
How to make No Bake Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie:
- Spray the inside of a 9” spring-form pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the chocolate sandwich cookies into a food processor and pulse until they are broken down into coarse crumbs.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and pour into the food processor with the cookie crumbs.
- Pulse a few times or until the butter is blended into the mixture evenly.
- Pour the cookie crumb mixture into the spring-form pan and press gently until the crumbs evenly coat the base of the pan.
- The crumb base should be approximately 1” up the sides of the pan.
- Set aside while you make the filling.
- Unwrap the caramel squares place into a microwave safe bowl along with ½ cup heavy whipping cream.
- Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Continue this process until the caramels have completely melted, then stir in the salt.
- Pour the melted caramel on top of the prepared cookie crumb crust.
- Create the top chocolate layer by placing the chocolate chips and 1 cup heavy whipping cream into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir and then continue microwaving in 15 second increments, stirring in-between, until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Carefully pour and spread the chocolate layer on top of the caramel layer.
- Immediately sprinkle the top with course sea salt and place in the fridge to chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
- This pie should be served chilled, straight from the refrigerator.
No Bake Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie Ingredients
- COOKIES: you can use any variety or brand of chocolate sandwich cookies. If making a gluten free salted caramel chocolate pie, ensure that you select a gluten free sandwich cookie.
- BUTTER: unsalted butter is combined with the crumbled cookies to make the cookie crumb pie base. The butter helps to set the base.
- CARAMEL: I use 60 caramel squares which I unwrap and melt in the microwave along with the heavy cream.
- SALT: I flavor the caramel with just a little salt. Sea salt works best in salted caramel as it has the best flavor. I also sprinkle some over the chocolate topping to finish the pie.
- CREAM: I use heavy whipping cream for both the salted caramel and chocolate layers of the pie. Don’t use lighter creams, it needs to be heavy cream to get the consistency right.
- CHOCOLATE: I use 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, along with the heavy cream, to form the top chocolate layer. You can use a bitter dark chocolate if you prefer.
How to make Gluten Free Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie?
This pie recipe can be easily adapted to make a gluten free salted caramel chocolate pie. First, ensure that the sandwich cookies you are using are a gluten free variety. Also check the chocolate chips to ensure they are gluten free too. It could not be any easier.
Can No Bake Salted Caramel Pie be made ahead?
This salted caramel chocolate pie makes a great make ahead dessert as it needs at least 2 hours to set in the refrigerator before you serve it.
This is why I often make this easy chocolate pie when I have family or friends coming round for dinner. I make it up earlier in the day, or even the day before, then leave it to set in the refrigerator until I am ready to enjoy.
How to store no bake chocolate pie?
Once made, this pie can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Recipe hints & tips:
- Use a good quality sea salt to season the caramel and also to sprinkle over the chocolate topping. A good sea salt will make a big difference to the finished pie.
- Take your time when melting both the caramel and chocolate in the microwave. Stir regularly and only take to the point whether the caramel or chocolate have melted. Any longer and you risk the ingredients burning.
Don’t miss these additional delicious Pie Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Pecan Pie Puffs
- Oreo Cool Whip Pie
- Homemade Apple Pie
- Jello Pudding 3 Layer Pie
- Chocolate Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- Pumpkin Pie
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Pie
- 25 chocolate sandwich cookies gluten free if necessary
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 60 caramel squares unwrapped
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt for sprinkling
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1390Total Fat: 93gSaturated Fat: 57gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 183mgSodium: 618mgCarbohydrates: 143gFiber: 6gSugar: 106gProtein: 12g
These are a few items I find helpful when preparing this No Bake Salted Caramel Chocolate Pie Recipe in my own kitchen:
Cuisinart AMB-9SP 9-Inch Chef’s Classic Nonstick Bakeware Springform Pan, SilverHamilton Beach (70730) Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper with Bowl Scraper, 10 Cup, ElectricPyrex Smart Essentials Mixing Bowl Set Including Locking Lids (Clear), 8 pieceOXO SteeL Pie ServerCake Boss 58678 Serveware Dessert Plate Set, 4 Piece, PrintNo-Bake Treats: Incredible Unbaked Cheesecakes, Icebox Cakes, Pies and MoreNo Bake Recipes: 21 Fuss-Free Easy DessertsThe New Cookie: The Best No Bake Recipes You Can Find in The WorldNo-Bake Desserts: 103 Easy Recipes for No-Bake Cookies, Bars, and Treats (RecipeLion)