When it comes to quick and easy desserts you can’t beat my 3-ingredient Oreo Cool Whip Pie. Not only does it taste delicious, this no bake dessert is easy to make by combining Oreo’s, Cool Whip, and an Oreo Pie Crust for an Oreo pudding pie the whole family are sure to enjoy.
Oreo Cool Whip Pie
This is an Easy Oreo Pie recipe. I’m sure someone other than us thought of this 3-ingredient Oreo pie recipe first, but we’ve been making this for 18 years and this is how I like to make it.
We have a few variations to this No Bake Oreo Pudding Pie, with other cookies and candy bars, but they all use the Oreo Pie Crust and Cool Whip as a base, adding the other flavors in.
This No-Bake Oreo Pie recipe is my kids favorite pie. It’s a pie I like to make for them for birthday celebrations, or over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
Hands on prepare time is minimal, more assemble and refrigerate.
The process for this recipe is really easy and the whole pie can be pulled together in 10 minutes, it’s pretty self-explanatory. However, for all the visual learners like me out there, I took some process shots to help you out.
How to make 3-ingredient Oreo Pie
- To start, I take my chopper (this one happens to be from Pampered Chef, circa 1999) and load it with broken up pieces of Oreo’s. Then, I crush them!
- I do a few at a time, and use about half the package.
- You can use more or less, there’s no “right” amount, it’s entirely down to personal preference.
- Next I put the entire container of Cool Whip into a mixing bowl, and add the crushed pieces of Oreo’s.
- Give everything a good stir to ensure it’s well combined and the crushed Oreo’s are well distributed.
- Pour the cool whip and Oreo mixture into the ready made pie crust.
- Then refrigerate about 2 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, decorate the top of the pie with the remaining Oreo cookies.
- Always keep the pie refrigerated, except when serving.
- COOKIES: I use 1/2 package of Oreo Cookies in this recipe, but you can add more or less depending on your own preference. You can also use double chocolate cookies for a more intense chocolaty flavor.
- FILLING: 1 container of Cool Whip is used to form the base filling for this delicious pie.
- PIE CRUST: For ease I like to use an Oreo Cookie Pie Crust.
- You can swap the Oreo cookies for any other flavored cookie.
- Swap the cookies for your favorite candy bars instead.
- I’ve used regular Cool Whip but you can use any flavor Cool Whip.
- For ease I have used a store-bought, chocolate flavored Oreo Cookie Crust. You can use any flavor pie crust, try a Graham Cracker Pie Crust.
I like to serve this pie just as it is, a delicious slice of pie with a glass of ice cold milk alongside.
Recipe hints & tips:
- To stop the Cool Whip from melting too much, always store this pie in the refrigerator unless you are serving.
- For best results enjoy this pie within 3-5 days.
Can Oreo Cool Whip Pie be made ahead?
Yes, this pie needs to refrigerate for at least 2 hours, so is best made ahead of time. Always store the pie in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve, and enjoy within 3-5 days.
Can I freeze Oreo Cool Whip Pie?
Yes, absolutely. Once assembled cover the pie and store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Once frozen it will have an ice-cream pie consistency and you can serve it straight from the freezer, no need to defrost first. Or if you want the softer consistency, place it in the refrigerator to thaw first.
Don’t miss these other delicious No Bake Dessert Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Easy No Bake S’mores Pie
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Jello 3 Layer Pudding Pie
- Easy No Bake Strawberry Pie
- No Bake Reese’s Pieces Pie
- No Bake Salted Caramel Pie
- No Bake Chocolate Cookie Dough Hearts
- Banana Split Pops
- Cookies & Cream Mini Trifles
- 1/2 package Oreo Cookies
- 1 container of Cool Whip
- 1 Oreo Cookie Pie Crust
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Oreo Cool Whip Pie:
OXO 1169600 Good Grips 3-piece Mixing Set, White Bowls Brown Handles, Blue/Green/YellowOxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula SetOreo Pie Crust (Pack of 3)OXO Good Grips ChopperNinja Food Chopper Express Chop with 200-Watt, 16-Ounce Bowl for Mincing, Chopping, Grinding, Blending and Meal Prep (NJ110GR)Amazing Oreo RecipesOreo as The Main Ingredient for Magical Desserts: Oreo Desserts that You Can Even Make for Special OccasionsOreo Cookie Creations: A Cookbook Where the Oreo is the Star of Every RecipeMmmm in Minutes Coolwhip