This Best Snickers Apple Salad Recipe is a classic. Juicy apples are paired with Snickers bars and covered in a delicious cream cheese dressing. When it comes to Summer dessert salads this salad is easy to prepare and a family favorite dessert recipe that kids and the whole family are sure to love!
Snickers Apple Salad
When making my Snickers Apple Salad only a few simple ingredients are needed: heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, cream cheese, chopped apples, snickers bars (the best part!), and a few other optional ingredients to top it off and personalize it to your preference.
Snickers Apple Salad is such a delicious recipe, and it’s one that works well when made ahead of time earlier in the day.
This Apple Snickers Salad also serves 10, so it’s fantastic for house parties, potlucks, school parties, and block parties.
When it comes to Summer Dessert Salads you really can’t beat my Apple Salad with Snickers which can be prepared in no time. I hope your family and friends enjoy this Snickers Apple Salad Recipe as much as mine do!
What is a Snickers Salad?
A snickers salad is a summer dessert salad made by combining Snickers bars, with Granny Smith apples and whipped cream.
How to make this Apple Salad with Snickers recipe:
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until thickened to the consistency of whipped cream.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with the electric mixer until smooth.
- Add half of the whipped cream and beat with the mixer until well combined.
- Fold in the remaining whipped cream and stir until smooth and set aside.
- Cut the apples into quarters and remove the core and seeds.
- Chop the apples into bite sized chunks and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Unwrap the Snickers bars and chop into small chunks.
- Add the Snickers pieces to the large mixing bowl with the apples.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the apples and Snickers in the large mixing bowl.
- Stir together until the apples and Snickers are coated well in the creamy mixture.
- Pour the “salad” into a serving bowl and garnish. Serve immediately.
Recipe ingredients & substitutions:
- HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM: forms the base of the salad dressing. You can also swap the whipping cream for cool whip.
- POWDERED SUGAR: is used to sweeten the salad as it melts easily into the dressing.
- CREAM CHEESE: flavors the salad dressing. You could swap the powdered sugar/cream cheese for your favorite flavor of pudding mix instead.
- APPLES: use the apples you enjoy eating. My family enjoy the tartness of Granny Smith with the sweetness of the other ingredients. I will typically use a mixture of Granny Smith with Red Delicious or Gala apples.
- CHOCOLATE BARS: I use 4 Full Size Snickers Bars, chopped through the salad. You could also swap the Snickers for another favorite chocolate bar, like a Milky Way Bar.
My Snickers Apple Salad with Cream Cheese is really versatile and the whole salad can be drizzled and topped with a whole host of different toppings. Here are some ideas on how to top your salad, but I’d stick to only 1 or 2!
- Drizzle over some caramel sauce, salted caramel sauce or chocolate sauce.
- Chop up an additional Snickers bar.
- Sprinkle over some chopped peanuts.
- Try adding some mini marshmallows!
Can this Best Snickers Apple Salad be made ahead?
Absolutely. This is a great make ahead summer dessert salad which makes it ideal for parties or taking it along to a potluck. Prepare the salad earlier in the day then cover and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
However, this is a salad that is best eaten on the day it is made as the apples will start to soften and release their juices into the salad dressing.
Leftover salad can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days but it won’t be as thick as on the day its made.
- Cut up the apples just before you add them to the salad. Apples oxidize and turn brown really quickly where they are cut. This will not happen once added to the other salad ingredients.
- Take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before you plan to make the salad. This will help the cheese to soften up a little, making it easier to work into the salad dressing.
- Don’t freeze salad. No salad freezes well!
- Why not PRINT off the recipe so you can make your own notes on it about how you personalize it.
Never miss a recipe. Follow When Is Dinner on Pinterest and Instagram.
Sign up HERE for the When Is Dinner Newsletter.
Don’t miss these other great apple recipe here at When is Dinner:
- Apple Crisp (Traditional or Gluten Free)
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- Weight Watchers Mini Apple Pies
- Apple Pear Spring Salad Mix
- Green Apple Dumplings
- Homemade Apple Pie
- Instant Pot Apple Pie Filling
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 8 Medium Tart Apples Ex. Granny Smith
- 4 Full Size Snickers Bars, chopped
- Optional toppings (choose 1-2): 1 additional Snickers bar, chopped, Caramel sauce, Chocolate sauce, or Chopped peanuts
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 5gSugar: 39gProtein: 5g
These are a few items I find helpful when preparing Snickers Apple Salad in my own kitchen:
Freshware Cutting Boards [Bamboo, Set of 3] – Eco-Friendly Wood Chopping Boards for Food Prep, Meat, Vegetables, Fruits, Crackers & Cheese – 100% Natural BambooVictorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife, 8-Inch Chef’s FFPOXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-PieceOxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula SetKitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk – Contour SilverMarquis By Waterford Markham Bowl 9 inch Clear