Jello Pudding 3 Layer Pie is one of my kids favorite desserts, they love it and I’m asked to make it all the time. Not only is it very easy to make, it only requires 4 ingredients.
JELLO Pudding 3 Layer Pie
Jell-O Pudding 3 Layer Pie is one of my kids favorite desserts to have. This no bake dessert is very easy to make, and only requires 4 ingredients.
3 Layered Chocolate Dessert requires no cooking, just some mixing and layering. I have used a ready-made Oreo Pie Crust too, which makes this the easiest pie recipe I’ve ever come across.
The crispy chocolate pie base is covered with 2 layers of chocolate mousse and finished off with a creamy topping. Packed full of flavor and a great dessert for any occasion.
My kids request this Three Layer Chocolate Mousse Pie dessert for every holiday dinner. It’s so simple to make, that they now prepare it themselves.
If you love having your kids help out in the kitchen, this Triple Chocolate Mousse Pie is the ideal recipe to start them with!
What is Jell-O Pudding?
Jell-O is a gelatin based dessert that comes in a variety of flavors including chocolate, lemon, strawberry and vanilla. You can also buy Jell-O instant pudding mix, which is what I have used in this recipe.
Jell-O not only tastes great as a quick instant pudding, but it also works a treat with other ingredients, like I have done her to make this 3 layer chocolate pie.
How to make Jell-O Pudding 3 Layer Pie:
You start with an Oreo Pie Crust.
Next take a large box of Chocolate Pudding and mix it with 1 1/2 cups of cold milk.
Pour about 1/4 – 1/2 of the chocolate pudding into the bottom of the pie crust, just enough to form a firm layer, the bottom layer can be very thin.
For the next step, pour half of the container of Cool Whip into the Chocolate Pudding Bowl, and mix it well.
It will be much lighter than the original pudding color (see photo above).
Once it’s mixed, pour it over the bottom layer of the pie, this is your second or middle layer.
Now pour the rest of the Cool Whip on top of the pie.
Smooth the cool whip over the top of the pie. This is the top, or third layer of the pie.
It’s very quick and easy to make, but it does need to firm up before serving and should always be stored in the refrigerator.
Place the pie in the fridge for about 2-3 hours before you plan to serve, then just slice and plate it.
Jell-O Pudding ingredients:
- JELL-O INSTANT PUDDING: I used one 5oz package of chocolate flavored Jell-o Instant Pudding. You can use any flavor of instant pudding, vanilla, lemon or strawberry, whatever flavor your family enjoy eating. If you can’t find the 5 oz box you can use 2 of the smaller boxes, just increase the milk to 2 cups.
- MILK: I use whole milk or semi-skimmed. However, you can also use plant based milks if you prefer.
- OREO PIE CRUST: I love the chocolate flavor of an Oreo ready made pie crust. However you can use any other brand of ready-made pie crust.
- COOL WHIP: the Cool Whip is first defrosted then divided into 2 portions. The first portion is mixed with some of the Jell-O Instant pudding and the second portion forms the top layer.
Recipe flavor variations:
- For a diabetic friendly, low sugar dessert, use sugar free jello pudding and sugar free cool whip.
- Change the flavors up. You can use any flavor jello instant pudding mix, to have any flavor Jell-O Pudding Pie Recipe that you prefer. I have used chocolate here but my kids also like lemon, vanilla, and banana flavored 3 layer pie!
Can Triple Chocolate Mousse Pie be made ahead?
This Triple Chocolate Mousse Pie is a great make ahead dessert as it needs time to set before serving. Layer up the dessert earlier in the day, then place into the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.
- Store the pie in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve as it contains dairy.
- You can decorate the top of your pie with some chocolate curls or by grating over some chocolate.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days, however layers may start to separate a little.
What are your favorite Jello Pudding Recipes?
Don’t miss these additional delicious No Bake Dessert Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- No Bake Smore’s Pie
- Easy No Bake Strawberry Pie
- Oreo Cool Whip Pie
- Banana Split Pops
- Cookies & Cream Mini Trifles
- 1 package 5 oz Jell-o Instant Pudding (I used Chocolate, you can use the flavor of your choice, it's interchangeable.
- 1 1/2 cups Cold Milk
- 1 oreo pie crust
- 1 tub 8oz Cool Whip, thawed, divided
- If you can't find the 5 oz box you can use 2 of the smaller boxes, just increase the milk to 2 cups.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 291Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 6g
Jello Pudding Dessert Recipes are really tasty and easy to make. You can easily swap out some ingredients, to change things up.
Here are a few items I find useful in my own kitchen when preparing this Jello Pudding 3 Layer Pie recipe:
Oreo Pie Crust, 6 OunceJell-O Cook & Serve Chocolate Pudding & Pie Filling, 3.4 oz BoxPyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon WhiskOxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula SetOXO SteeL Pie Server