Grinch Fruit Kabobs are a fun fruit appetizer for any occasion. They are often called Santa Fruit Kabobs as the top layers look like Santa’s Hat.
Grinch Fruit Kabobs
My Christmas Grinch Fruit Kabobs are made by layering fresh sliced of banana with strawberries and green grapes to form the head and hat. They are then topped off with a mini marshmallows to complete the look.
Grinch Santa Fruit Kabobs are a fun and easy to make fruit appetizer for any occasion. This is a great fun activity with the kids and I always found my kids ate far more fruit when you presented them with fruit in the form of a fruit kabob.
Grinch snack ideas are always popular with children over the holiday period. They would make a great healthy snack idea for kids at a holiday party. It also encourages kids to eat some fresh fruit balancing out all the cake and candy. Grinch Fudge would be a great treat to serve with these for a Grinch themed holiday party!
The quantity of each ingredient you need will depend on how many Christmas kabobs you need to make. However, this recipe is easily adapted and can be doubled or even quadrupled depending on the numbers you are catering for.
How to make Grinch Fruit Kabobs?
- Wash and prepare the fruit ready to start assembling.
- Pierce a green grape with the skewer, toothpick or lollypop stick as I have used here, and slide through.
- On top of the grape, layer a sliced banana – followed by a strawberry (point facing up) and top with a mini marshmallow.
- Follow this process until all fruit is used, or the desired amount has been prepared.
- Note: To keep banana slices from turning brown, place them in a bowl of lemon or lime juice (acidity) before assembling the kabobs. This will help them keep their bright color if you’re making the kabobs in advance.
Recipe ingredients & flavor variations:
I’ve included links to some of the items used to assemble these Fruit Kabobs, so you can refer to them for reference when planning to make these.
- MINI MARSHMALLOWS: are really simple to use and form the top of Santa’s hat. If you can’t find mini marshmallows then simply buy larger ones and cut them into smaller sized pieces.
- GREEN GRAPES: form the basis of the head. I always use seedless grapes as they are more pleasant to eat than seeded varieties.
- STRAWBERRIES: form the body of the hat. Try and find strawberries that have a nice pointed end for the marshmallow to sit on top of.
- BANANAS: sliced bananas form the rim of the hat. I recommend dipping the banana in lemon or lime juice to stop the fruit from oxidizing and going brown.
Additional Materials Needed:
To assemble these Grinch Santa Fruit Kabobs you will also need either toothpicks, skewers or lollipop sticks like I have used.
- I like to start by washing all my fruit and cutting it up into the required shapes, ready to start assembling.
- This is a dish that is best made fresh and served fairly soon afterwards, otherwise the banana starts to become soft and turn brown. To stop this I dip the bananas in some lemon or lime juice just before assembling. Then store the fruit kabobs in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Try to eat these Christmas Fruit Kabobs within 3-4 hours of assembly.
- If you want to add a little extra, you can always use some edible ink and draw on faces on these festive Christmas kabobs.
My Grinch Santa Fruit Kabobs make a great appetizer for any party of family gathering. Make them up, place onto a large plate or bowl and let everyone help themselves.
Around Christmas my family and I love to sit down and watch “The Grinch”, it’s a great Christmas movie. When my boys were little I used to make these Grinch Christmas Fruit Kabobs to enjoy while we were watching the movie. This healthy snack was a welcome change to all the candy that gets consumed over the holidays.
While I have made these fruit kabobs into the shape of a Christmas Grinch, you can add any fruit to make up fruit kabobs. Use the fruit that you and your family enjoy eating.
Don’t miss these additional fun Christmas Themed Crafts and Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Christmas Tree Brownies
- Reindeer Treat Bags
- Candy Cane Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Peppermint Cupcakes
- Christmas Potpourri with FREE Printable
- Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Snowman
- Christmas Tree Krispie Treats
- Christmas Tree Strawberry Bites
- Snowman Cupcakes
- Christmas Snack Mix
- Melted Snowman Water Bottle Labels with FREE Printable
- Reindeer Noses Treat Bags