My Pecan Pie Puffs are the perfect sweet treat for any get together or party. Not only do they taste great but they are a super simple bake.
My easy pecan pie bites are a delicious variation of a Pecan Pie Recipe. So if you’ve been intimidated at the thought of learning how to make a pecan pie, or prefer to offer individual sized servings, these are ideal for you!
These ready made puff pastry pecan pie puffs are just as delicious as Traditional Pecan Pie, they just bake a little quicker and are a lot easier to make.
I’m a great fan of using shortcuts and when it comes to baking and for convenience I always use ready made puff pastry. To make my Pecan Pie Puffs I use ready to bake puff pastry cups from Pepperidge Farm.
The filling is super simple to prepare too, making this a really quick bake. Just place all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
They make a FANTASTIC dish to take to holiday parties and family gatherings or to a potluck dinner. Feeding a crowd, no problem, the recipe is easy to double or triple if you require larger quantities.
How to make my Mini Puff Pastry Pecan Pies:
- To begin, preheat the oven to 400F degrees and look out all your ingredients ready to start.
- Place the Puff Pastry Cups on nonstick baking sheet or parchment paper.
- Place the sheet into the oven and cook for 5 minutes short of the time indicated on the package directions, in this case 15 minutes.
- While the pastry is cooking, place the brown sugar, butter, egg, corn syrup, vanilla extract, and cinnamon into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Now stir in the pecans.
- Remove the pastry and push down the center of each cup with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350F degrees.
- Carefully spoon about a teaspoon of the pecan mixture into each pastry cup, the pecans should be sticking out of the top slightly.
- Place the sheet back into the oven and cook until the pecan filling has set, about 9-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving. Don’t they look like cute mini pecan pies?
Recipe Ingredients & Flavor Variations:
- PUFF PASTRY CUPS: puff pastry cups from Pepperidge Farm are not only convenient, but they are easy to use. Also the perfect size for this finger food sized sweet pastry.
- PECANS: I use Diamond Nuts chopped pecans but you can use any brand of pecan nut. This is a mini pecan pie, so I’ve used pecan, however you could also use the same recipe filling, just substitute another nut like almonds, Brazil nuts or hazelnuts.
- SUGAR: a combination of Light Brown Sugar and Light Corn syrup add the sweetness to the pecan nut filling. Both are used as the brown sugar adds that caramel molasses flavor while the corn syrup adds a stickiness to bind the filling together.
- FLAVORING: Pure vanilla extract and powdered cinnamon are added the nut mixture to provide a balance of sweet and spice to the pastry.
- This recipe can be easily doubled or trebled to feed large numbers. Which is just as well as it’s impossible to stop at only one!
- Take real care when removing these mini pecan pies from the oven and placing them on a wire rack to cool, as the molten center will be really hot.
How to serve Pecan Pie Puffs?
My mini pecan pies with puff pastry are the perfect finger food. A delicious mouthful in a couple of bites. They make a great additional to any holiday party, family get together or pot luck dinner.
Can I make ahead Pecan Pie Puffs?
My mini pecan pies are a great make ahead dish, which is why I love to serve them at family gatherings over the holidays. Once baked, allow the pies to cool then place them in an airtight container and store at room temperature. They will keep like this for up to 3 days.
Can I freeze Pecan Pie Puffs?
These puff pastry pecan pies freeze really well. I like to make a double batch, enjoy one batch and save the second for later.
Once baked and cooled, place the mini pecan pies into an airtight container in a single layer. Place the container in the freezer and store for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy remove the pies from the freezer and defrost at room temperature.
Don’t miss these additional delicious Pie Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Instant Pot Apple Pie Filling
- Pumpkin Pie
- Chocolate Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
- No Bake Reese’s Pieces Pie
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Pie
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- No Bake Salted Caramel Pie
- Weight Watchers Mini Apple Pies
- 1 pkg. 24 Puff Pastry Cups
- 1 ⁄4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Butter melted
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp. Corn Syrup
- 1 teas. Vanilla
- 1 ⁄2 teas. Cinnamon
- 1 1 ⁄2 Cups Pecans chopped
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1459Total Fat: 95gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 76gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 594mgCarbohydrates: 136gFiber: 4gSugar: 33gProtein: 18g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Pecan Pie Puff Pastry Recipe:
Campbells Pepperidge Farm Cherry Turnover – Puff Pastry — 144 per case.Diamond Chopped Pecans, 8-OunceDomino Light Brown Sugar – 4lb Resealable BagMcCormick All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract, 16 fl ozKaro Light Corn Syrup, 16 fl ozAmazonBasics 3-Piece Nonstick Baking Sheet SetCut-Rite Wax Paper by Reynolds 75 Sq.Ft – Pack of 3OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set with Red/Green/Blue HandlesOXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon WhiskMcCormick Ground Cinnamon, 18 Ounce (Pack of 1)