No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
One of the kids favorite cookie recipes for me to make, is No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. These are also known as: Preacher Cookies, No Bake Sunbutter Cookies, No Bake Oatmeal Cookies, No Bake Chocolate Cookies, No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies, and No Bake Nutella Cookies.
This particular recipe can be tricky, sometimes the cookies don’t want to set right. I have found that by using specific name brand ingredients, SALTED butter (not margarine), and paying careful attention to the timing, I have better luck getting these to turn out right. I prefer to use:
- Domino Sugar – I buy the big bag at Sam’s Club.
- JIF Peanut Butter (can substitute for Sunbutter, Nutella, Peanut Free Planet has links to other peanut alternatives for those allergic, etc. Chunky tends to make the cookies drier though!)
- Quaker Quick Cooking Oats
- Hershey’s Cocoa
- Watkins Vanilla Extract – I by mine at Amazon. When I was little my mom used this, she knew someone who sold it, I think, but I don’t know anyone who does, so this is where I get mine. I’ve heard it’s available in some stores now, too.
- Hood 2% Milk
- SALTED Butter (NOT Margarine)
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies Recipe:
Domino Sugar, Granulated, 4LB CanisterHershey Reese’s Peanut Butter, Creamy, 18 ozQuaker Oats, Old Fashioned, 18 OzHERSHEY’S Natural Unsweetened 100% Hot Cocoa, Baking, 8 Ounce Can (Pack of 6)Watkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla Extract, with Pure Vanilla Extract, 11 Ounce (Packaging may vary)OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Angled Measuring CupUtopia Kitchen Nonstick Saucepan Set – 1 Quart and 2 Quart – Glass Lid – Multipurpose Use for Home Kitchen or RestaurantNo Bake Recipes for Kids (Cooking with Kids Series Book 6)No Bake Cookies: More than 150 Fun, Easy & Delicious Recipes for Cookies, Bars, and Other Cool Treats Made Without BakingThe New Cookie: The Best No Bake Recipes You Can Find in The World