Easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast is a family favorite dinner. Chicken breast is topped with cream cheese and shredded cheddar before being wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven. Bacon, Chicken, and Cheese are the perfect flavor combination to a delicious dinner!
Easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Breast
We cook a lot of chicken in my kitchen and I am always looking for new ways to do something a little different with it.
That’s when I came across a few recipes floating around for Bacon Wrapped Chicken. The recipes sounded real simple and I knew I had to give it a try. After all who doesn’t love the combination of Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Cheese?
I decided I wanted to make my Bacon Wrapped Chicken in the oven. The dish is quick to prepare, then it’s a case of popping it in the oven, while I get on with making a few simple sides to serve with it.
Deliciously moist chicken breast, with an oozy cheesy topping and wrapped in crispy bacon. This is one of those dishes you will keep coming back to again and again.
How to make my Easy Bacon Wrapped Chicken recipe:
- Start by lining a cookie sheet with foil and place your boneless, skinless chicken breasts onto the foil.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and use a mallet to take out your aggression, and beat the chicken until it’s thin.
- Season the chicken with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Add a dollop of cream cheese onto the top of each chicken breast and spread it across the breast.
- Top each chicken breast off with some shredded cheese.
- Now wrap the chicken breasts with bacon, you can crisscross the bacon over the chicken if desired.
- You can use toothpicks where needed, to keep the bacon attached.
- At the halfway point, take the pan out of the oven, flip the chicken over, and cook for a further 30 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken recipe ingredients:
- BACON: I like to use thin slices of American style bacon as it has a nice layer of fat running through it which also keeps the chicken moist. I don’t find that really thick cut bacon works quite so well in this recipe.
- CHICKEN: I use chicken breasts for this recipe, but you could also use skinless and boneless chicken thighs. You would just need to adjust the cooking times.
- CREAM CHEESE: I use regular cream cheese but you could also use flavored cream cheese, like a chive and onion or spicy jalapeno cream cheese.
- SHREDDED CHEESE: I top the chicken breasts with shredded cheddar cheese before I add the bacon. You could use any variety of shredded cheese like Monterey Jack or mozzarella.
- SEASONING: I keep the seasoning simple with a touch of salt and black pepper. You could also add a pinch of spice, for example smoked paprika or a touch of garlic powder, would work well with the chicken and bacon too.
What goes well with Bacon Wrapped Chicken?
My family loved this bacon wrapped chicken breast recipe, it was a huge success! I like to serve it with broccoli, some roasted potatoes and steamed vegetables.
There is a lot of taste in the chicken so keep the sides fresh, a dressed green salad or tomato salad would be ideal too.
How long does bacon wrapped chicken take to cook?
The length of time the chicken takes to cook will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts. A thinner chicken breast will cook quicker than a thick one. The best way to check that chicken is cooked is when the juices run clear.
I like to check the using a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken, the internal temperature should read 165F.
Do I have to flip the chicken over when baking?
You don’t have to, but I find that turning the chicken mid way through the cook ensures that the bacon crisps up nicely all the way round.
How to store leftover Bacon Wrapped Chicken?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can enjoy them cold, or warm them gently in the microwave, although the bacon will not remain as crispy as when freshly cooked.
Useful hints & tips:
- If you don’t have a meat mallet to flatten the chicken with, a rolling pin will do the same job.
- I use toothpicks to hold the bacon onto the chicken breast, this also stops the cheese from escaping.
- If after baking the bacon is not as crispy as you would like, pop it under the broiler to crisp up. Just take care not to leave it under for too long or you risk overcooking the chicken.
Don’t miss these additional delicious Chicken Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Poppers
- Instant Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta Casserole
- Mediterranean Chicken Skillet
- Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Bake
- Instant Pot Poached Chicken
- Skillet Honey Chicken
- Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Buttermilk Chicken
- Mexican Chicken
- Cheesy Chicken
- Chicken Tenderloins & Garlic Pasta
- 1 lb. Bacon
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Salt & Pepper
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 992Total Fat: 72gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 35gCholesterol: 274mgSodium: 2413mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 76g
These are a few of the items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe:
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Cookie Baking Sheets Set, 2-PieceOXO 26191 Good Grips Meat Tenderizer1000 Count 100% Natural Bamboo Toothpicks – Kitchen EssentialThe One Pot Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: 100+ Easy Weeknight Meals for Your Skillet, Slow Cooker, Sheet Pan, and MoreBacon & Butter: The Ultimate Ketogenic Diet Cookbook365 Ways to Cook Chicken: Simply the Best Chicken Recipes You’ll Find Anywhere!Weight Watchers Ultimate Chicken Cookbook: More than 250 Fresh, Fabulous Recipes for Every Day