My Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Bake is one of those easy pasta bake recipes that we all rely on mid week. This recipe that combines chicken and broccoli in a creamy sauce can be prepared in minutes and only needs a quick 30 minute bake in the oven.
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Bake
This Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Bake is a quick and easy weeknight dinner. It requires just a few minutes on the stovetop, then baking in the oven for 30 minutes and it’s ready to serve.
My Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Bake, combines soft chicken with florets of broccoli, bound together with the pasta in a rich and satisfying cheesy cream sauce.
If you’re like me and have a houseful of hungry teenage boys, this recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled.
My Baked Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli os one of those easy chicken recipes that once tried, you will keep coming back to again and again.
How to make Easy Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Bake:
- In a saucepan, over a medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in the heavy cream.
- Whisk in egg yolk and 1 cup cheese.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a large pot, prepare pasta al dente as directed on the package.
- Drain the pasta and place back into the pot.
- Pour ½ of sauce over pasta and toss to coat.
- Gently mix in chicken and broccoli.
- Pour into a 9×13-inch pan and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Place the dish into the hot oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Bake Ingredients:
- CHICKEN: I use either leftover shredded Rotisserie Chicken, or make Instant Pot Poached Chicken to shred.
- BROCCOLI: Fresh is best, but frozen will work also. It will need to be thawed or a few minutes added to cooking time!
- PASTA: We prefer this with Penne Pasta, but any shape or variety would work. Try linguine, ziti, fettuccine, or even tortellini!
- HEAVY CREAM, BUTTER, and EGGS: You can substitute a jar of Alfredo sauce, if desired, but this recipe takes just 5 minutes to whip up. It is full of delicious flavor and has a lot less additives than a jar of sauce!
- CHEESE: Parmesan works best, but you could also add in some Mozzarella, if desired. You can use part-skim or full-fat.
What variations and substitutes can be made to Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Bake:
We love to adapt and adjust recipes to meet our family’s taste preferences. Never be afraid to experiment!
- PROTEIN: We prefer this dish with chicken, but you can substitute with beef, ham, sausage or shrimp which would all work too.
- VEGETABLES: Like broccoli, fresh is best, but frozen can be used. Depending on what veggie you use, a few minutes may need to be added to the bake time or the veggie cooked before mixing in. This is a great way of sneaking in extra veggies and here are some suggestions:
- Bell Peppers
- Garden Peas
- SEASONINGS: You can always add extra salt and pepper to taste. Additionally, Italian seasoning, basil, cilantro, oregano, crushed red pepper, or Cajun seasoning can be added.
How to store leftover Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Bake:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
How to freeze leftover Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Bake:
Allow leftovers to cool then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Be sure to clearly label the contents and date on the container before storing in the freezer.
How to freeze uncooked Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Bake:
Prepare the recipe as instructed, up to the point of baking in the oven. Allow the contents to cool completely then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Be sure to clearly label the contents and date on the container before storing in the freezer.
How to Cook Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Bake from frozen:
This one one of those dishes that works best if baked from frozen, and not thawed first. Simply heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place in an oven safe baking dish and bake for one hour, covered with aluminum foil.
At the one hour mark, remove the aluminum foil and heat for an additional 10-15 minutes until it’s warmed through and hot in the center. You can also add additional shredded cheese to melt over the top, if desired.
Recipe hints & tips:
- If storing any leftovers, note that the sauce will thicken when it’s cold. So I suggest adding a splash of milk to loosen the sauce when you warm up the leftovers.
- If freezing this pasta bake, save time and freeze it in a freezer and oven proof dish. That way the dish can be taken straight from the freezer to the oven when ready to cook.
- Keep any side dishes simple and serve this with a dressed green salad and some crusty bread to help mop up all the delicious sauce.
Don’t miss these additional delicious Pasta Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Sunday Spaghetti Sauce
- Instant Pot Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Easy Chicken Parmesan
- Instant Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta Casserole
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Ravioli with Homemade Tomato Sauce
- 3 Cheese Mac N Cheese Mini Bites
- Tuscan Chicken with Penne Pasta
- One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
- Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 1 pound chicken breast cooked and cubed
- 1 cup broccoli steamed and cubes
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup + ½ cup Parmesan cheese shredded, divided
- 2 egg yolks
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 705Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 31gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 261mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 34g
These are a few items I find helpful when preparing Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Bake in my own kitchen:
Instant Pot LUX60V3 V3 6 Qt 6-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and WarmerCalphalon 1943876 Classic Nonstick Sauce Pan with Cover, 2.5 quart, GreyOXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon WhiskT-fal B36262 Specialty Total Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe Stockpot Cookware, 12-Quart, BlackPyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid -13.2 INCH x 8.9inch x 2 inchMikasa French Country Dinner Plate, 10.75