This Crispy Parmesan Chicken Tenderloins and Garlic Pasta recipe is a family favorite in our home. It’s quick and easy to prepare, perfect for busy weeknight dinners!
It’s no secret that the guys in my house LOVE Pasta! I’m always looking for new ways to prepare easy chicken pasta recipes, to keep a variety in my meal plan rotation. My chicken tenderloins and garlic pasta is one such dish!
This chicken and garlic pasta dish is budget friendly, using a few simple ingredients that most of us will have in our larders and refrigerators. It can be prepared and on the table in less than 30 minutes, that’s a winner for me any night of the week.
My garlic Parmesan chicken pasta contains no cream, instead I like to keep the pasta sauce light, using extra virgin olive oil, flavored with minced garlic.
How to make my Chicken & Garlic Pasta recipe:
- First, gather all of your ingredients so everything is handy as you prepare the dish.
- Prepare one package of Angel Hair pasta, according to package directions, and set aside to cool.
How to prepare Crispy Parmesan Chicken:
- Now prepare 3 separate bowls ready to coat the crispy parmesan chicken tenderloins.
- Place the flour into a mixing bowl (you can spread it out on some wax paper if you prefer). Add the grated Parmesan cheese and season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs into a second bowl, large enough to dip the chicken tenders in, and whisk to combine.
- Add the breadcrumbs to a third bowl.
- Take the chicken tenders and dredge them first in the seasoned flour/Parmesan cheese.
- Next dip them into the egg mixture, ensuring they are covered in egg, and shaking off any excess.
- Dip the chicken tenders back into the flour again.
- Finally dip the chicken into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Set the coated chicken to the side, in a single layer, until all tenderloins are covered in the crumb coating.
- Place a skillet on the hob over a medium/high heat and add the extra virgin olive oil (EVOO).
- Add the chicken tenderloins to the oil and cook on each side until done, this should take 5-6 mins on each side.
- When the tenderloins have cooked through, remove from the pan and set on some kitchen paper to drain off any excess oil.
- While the chicken is cooking, take another saucepan and add some EVOO to the pan along with the minced garlic.
- When it is hot, add the cooked pasta and stir until well coated in the oil and garlic sauce.
- Serve the pasta topped with the crispy Parmesan chicken.
Chicken Tenderloins & Garlic Pasta – Flavor variations:
- If you like a little chili heat, then add some red chili flakes to the pasta along with the minced garlic. You can also add some chili powder to the seasoned flour to spice up the chicken tenderloins.
- The flavor of lemon works in pasta dishes and pairs well with chicken. Take a lemon, add the juice to the pasta sauce and the finely grated zest to the Parmesan crumb.
- Fresh herbs, like parley, thyme or basil can be stirred through the pasta just before serving for a fresh lift of flavor. You can also add finely chopped fresh herbs to the Parmesan crumb coating on the chicken.
- You can use the same method of crispy coating for other joints of chicken. Skinless chicken thighs and chicken breast can also been crumbed and cooked this way. Just make sure you adjust the cooking times for larger pieces of meat and use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- Feeding a crowd, no problem. This recipe can be easily doubled or trebled depending on the numbers you are catering for.
- Always cook pasta in salted water as this really improves the flavor of the finished dish.
- When coating the chicken tenders, use one hand for dipping the chicken in the egg, the other for dipping in the seasoned flour and breadcrumbs. This keeps one hand dry and will stop the crumb from stick to them.
- To avoid under cooked chicken, I recommend checking the temperature with a food thermometer. Place the thermometer into the thickest part of the tenderloin. When cooked, chicken should have an internal temperature of 165F+.
- Batch cook the chicken and don’t be tempted to overload the skillet. Overloading causes the tenders to steam rather than fry, leaving you with a soggy coating and not the crispy Parmesan crust you are looking for.
Can Chicken Tenderloin & Garlic Pasta be made ahead?
I actually prefer to make this with day old pasta, as I think it cooks better. So, if we have spaghetti one day, I will make extra angel hair, and put it in the fridge overnight. This means there’s one less step the next day when I make this for dinner.
Crispy Parmesan Chicken:
You can coat the chicken in the crispy Parmesan crumb then set aside on a tray lined with baking parchment. Cover with some clingfilm and place in the fridge until you are ready to cook up later in the day. I always place the chicken tenders on the tray in a single layer, this stops the crumb becoming too wet.
Provided you have used fresh and not defrosted chicken tenders, you can also freeze the coated, but uncooked, chicken tenders at this point. Place in a box in an individual layer and seal with a tight fitting lid. The tenders will store for up to 3 months in the freezer. When ready to enjoy, defrost the tenders before cooking and serving with the pasta.
I like to serve the cooked pasta piled into a bowl, with a couple of tenderloins placed on top. Add a grating of Parmesan cheese to elevate the flavors in the dish.
There is so much flavor in this dish that I like to keep the sides simple. Some garlic bread or a fresh green salad are the sides I’d serve. Then voila – dinner is served!This Chicken Tenderloins & Garlic Pasta Recipe is a favorite in our home. It’s quick & easy, perfect for busy weeknight dinners! #Chicken #ChickenRecipes #Pasta #PastaRecipes #CastIronSkilletRecipes #EasyRecipes #SimpleRecipes #5ingredientsorless
Don’t miss these other Chicken and Pasta Recipes from When is Dinner:
- Chicken Fajita Pasta
- Chicken Carbonara
- Instant Pot Creamy Italian Chicken Pasta Casserole
- Chicken Alfredo
- Tuscan Chicken
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Bake
- One package Angel Hair Pasta
- Chicken Tenderloins
- 4 large eggs
- Parmesan cheese
- about 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- about 1 cup Bread Crumbs Italian, plain, etc
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO
- 5-6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Prepare one package of Angel Hair pasta according to package directions, and set aside to cool.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and stir them up.
- Lay out some waxed paper and make one pile of flour, I like to add some black pepper and the Parmesan cheese. Add some black pepper and Parmesan cheese to the flour mixture.
- Make another pile of bread crumbs
- Take the chicken and dredge it in flour, then egg, then flour, then breadcrumbs, and set to the side until all tenderloins are covered.
- Heat some EVOO in a pan large enough to hold all the tenderloins until hot.
- Add chicken to the hot EVOO pan and cook on each side until done.
- While the chicken is cooking, take another saucepan and add some EVOO and your minced garlic. When it is hot, add the pasta and stir until well coated with EVOO and garlic.
- When all is cooked, pile some pasta on a plate and top with a couple of tenderloins. Top with some parmesan cheese, and garlic bread on the side.
If you’ve tried this Chicken Tenderloins and Garlic Pasta Recipe or any other recipe on When Is Dinner, please take a give this easy recipe a five star review and help me by sharing with your friends on facebook, twitter, and pinterest! Don't forget to leave a comment letting me know how you liked it or any changes you made to personalize it!
I love hearing from you!
Serving Size:1 Chicken Tender, 1/2 cup pasta
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 552Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 197mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 22g
These are some items I found useful in my own kitchen when preparing this Chicken Tenderloins and Garlic Pasta Recipe:
OXO Good Grips 3-piece Mixing Bowl Set, White Bowls with Blue/Green/Brown HandlesCuisinart 733-30H Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and CoverRachael Ray Serveware EVOO & Vinegar Stoneware Bottle Set, RedHealthy Chicken Pasta Cookbook: The Top 100 Most Healthy and Delicious Pasta Recipes5 Ingredients: Quick & Easy FoodBeginners Pasta Cookbook & Guide: Super Simple and Delicious Homemade Pasta RecipesLE TAUCI 8.5 Inch Pasta Bowls Ceramic Salad Bowl, 45 Ounce – Set of 4, White
Originally Posted Dec 27, 2011. Photos, video, and post updated July 21, 2020.