This Cheesy Chicken Crescent Roll Recipe is quick and easy to make. It has 5 ingredients and is ready in under 30 minutes. Delicious!!! I now TRIPLE the recipe to feed my hungry teenagers. I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine!
Cheesy Chicken Crescent Rolls
This Recipe is a family favorite.
In fact, the older my boys get, the more of these I have to make at each meal!
Now that they’re teenagers, they can eat more than I ever imagined.
We rarely have leftovers, because even with a filling recipe like this, it sometimes seems impossible to fill these teenagers up!
One of these, with a couple of vegetables on the side, is enough for Nick and me for dinner.
If we want one for lunch the next day, I put it in a container BEFORE I serve the kids.
I currently triple the recipe, so the boys can each eat 3 of these with vegetables, at dinner.
If you are doubling or tripling the recipe, you’ll want to heat the extra gravy on the stovetop or in an additional pan in the oven.
Too much gravy in the main pan will cause the crescent rolls to be soggy and they may not cook all the way through.
You can also easily interchange the cream of xx soup.
I’ve made it with Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Celery, and Cream of Broccoli.
Use whichever flavor your family prefers!
My kids also enjoy this with cream cheese mixed in, jalapenos, sauteed onions, mushrooms, etc.
Each time I make this, I vary things according to what I have on hand.
If I’m cooking for a crowd, I’ll buy the Crescent Rolls in bulk from Sam’s Club and prepare them all on a Cookie Sheet and warm the gravy in a saucepan. When it’s time to serve, I just slice the Crescent Rolls open and spoon some gravy down the middle.
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 8 ct crescent rolls
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 c milk or buttermilk
- 1 c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
• Spray 9x13 pan with Pam.
• Lay out crescent rolls in 4 sections on waxed paper. (Keep the triangles together to form a rectangle). Use a small rolling pin if needed to close the seam.
• Put shredded chicken and cheese on rolls and roll them up (like a short burrito).
• Mix cream of chicken soup and milk heat on the stovetop in a small pan until fairly smooth. (add any leftover chicken or cheese to this).
• Pour between crescent rolls in pan. (Be careful to pour around, not on top or they will be mushy!).
• Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until crescent rolls are cooked through and brown on top.
Can easily be doubled or tripled. You can heat extra gravy in a saucepan on the stove or a separate pan in the oven. If you add too much gravy to the main pan, the rolls will be soggy and may not cook through.
Serving Size:1 Chicken Roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 657Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 1325mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 42g
These are some items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Cheesy Chicken Crescent Roll Recipe in my own home:
Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish with Red Plastic Lid -13.2 INCH x 8.9inch x 2 inchCounter Art 74264 Flexible Cutting Mat, ClearUtopia Kitchen Nonstick Saucepan Set – 1 Quart and 2 Quart – Glass Lid – Multipurpose Use for Home Kitchen or RestaurantAmazonBasics 8-Piece Non-Stick Kitchen Cookware Set, Pots and PansAmazonBasics 18-Piece White Kitchen Dinnerware Set, Dishes, Bowls, Service for 6Gibson Elite Couture Bands 16-Piece Dinnerware Set, Blue
Don’t miss these other delicious WHEN IS DINNER Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Tenderloins and Garlic Pasta
- Mexican Chicken
- Bacon Wrapped Baked Chicken
- Loaded Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
- Buttermilk Chicken