Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus is the best side dish to serve with your main course. It’s easy to make and uses simple ingredients that you can easily find at the grocery store. This will be your family’s new favorite recipe.
Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
Make your asparagus crispy by setting the oven temperature high which melts the parmesan cheese too. This dish is savory and salty all at once. It’s best served as soon as it’s out of the oven because asparagus cools down quickly. Timing is important when planning your meal when you make asparagus, but it’s worth it!
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Prepare a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Place the asparagus on the prepared baking sheet.
Drizzle olive oil over asparagus.
Toss to coat the asparagus with oil.
Then, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Return to the oven and bake for an additional 2 to 4 minutes.
Tips for Success/Variations:
There are many different variations of this roasted asparagus to make this the best asparagus you’ve ever had. Here are some options to choose from:
- Add some other vegetables to the asparagus to make the dish more robust. Try potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, brussel sprouts, or tomatoes.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the top for a zesty contrast.
- Make bacon-wrapped asparagus. Everyone loves a little bacon in their meal!
- Use frozen asparagus if you have some leftover or if the asparagus in the produce department isn’t very fresh.
- Drizzle some balsamic vinegar glaze over the top of the parmesan-crusted asparagus.
- You can use thick or thin asparagus in this dish. You’ll need to adjust the cooking time depending on which type you use. Leave it in the oven a little longer if you have thick asparagus and take it out sooner if you have thin asparagus.
- Be sure to cut or snap off the ends of the asparagus before cooking them. This part is woody and too fibrous to eat.
How to serve:
Serve this oven-roasted garlic parmesan asparagus with main dishes like Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon, Shrimp Risotto, Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Rolls, or Honey Pecan Chicken.
How to store:
Asparagus tastes best when they’re eaten the same day they’re made. If you want to save leftovers, you can reheat them in the microwave, oven, or air fryer.
For the best results use the oven or air fryer since it uses air circulation to cook the food instead of the microwave.
The microwave heats food by using its water molecules to create friction but doesn’t make it crispier.
Why is my roasted asparagus mushy?
Make sure the asparagus is dry before putting it in the oven. Any excess moisture will make it too soft and mushy.
How do you know when asparagus is done in the oven?
There are a couple of ways to know when your asparagus is done cooking. You can stick a fork into a stalk to check. If it goes in without resistance, the asparagus is done.
The other way to check is to carefully take a bite of one! This is the best way to know if they are done to your liking.
Remember that they will continue to cook slightly after you take them out of the oven, so take them out right before they’re perfect to eat.
Do you wash asparagus before roasting?
Yes, you should wash your fresh vegetables and fruit before you use them. Producers wash produce as much as they can, but it’s up to you to make sure there’s no leftover dirt on them before you eat them.
This is especially important if you buy organic produce since they aren’t washed as thoroughly.
Be sure to dry the asparagus before cooking so they get nice and crispy.
Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus
Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus is the best side dish to serve with your main course. This will be your family’s new favorite recipe.
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed to remove the woody ends
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ to 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 to 4 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place the asparagus on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over asparagus.
- Toss to coat the asparagus with oil.
- Then, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 2 to 4 minutes.
Thursday 31st of March 2022
YUM! I love asparagus and can't wait to try this recipe.