Wooden Stick Pencils Craft
Work on shapes, colors, cutting and counting with this simple Pencil craft created from wooden craft sticks.
These Wooden Stick Pencils are so cute, fun, and easy to make. They’d be fantastic to put outside a classroom door to identify teacher names, use inside the classroom on desks to assign students desk space and help to learn names, use to help identify shapes, colors, motor skills with cutting, counting the number of sticks, or as a bulletin board display. There are so many fun uses, and it’s very easy to customize the pencils by changing out the colors, etc. to match school colors, or the colors you are studying. You could even make them different colors to help with learning them all, make them smaller or larger when working on numbers, etc. Let your creativity flow!
Download and print —>PENCIL PATTERNS<—. Trace and then cut out shapes from cardstock with scissors according to instructions. Attach the pencil point, eraser and metal cuff to the pencil base with liquid glue.
Color four craft sticks with yellow washable marker. Set aside to dry.
Attach four yellow craft sticks in a row to the front of the pencil with glue.
Write No. 2 or your favorite teacher’s name on the pencil.
Create a bunch of pencils and fashion a banner or decorate a classroom bulletin board.
- • Dollar Store Craft Sticks – Four
- • Dollar Store Washable Markers - Yellow
- • Cardstock – Kraft, Black, Pink and Grey
- • Pencil
- • Permanent Marker - fine tip
- • Liquid Glue with fine tip applicator or Low Temp Glue Gun
- • PATTERNS
- Download and print Pencil Pattern Sheet HERE.
- Trace and then cut out shapes from cardstock with scissors according to
- Attach the pencil point, eraser and metal cuff to the pencil base with liquid glue.
- Color four craft sticks with yellow washable marker.
- Set aside to dry.
- Attach four yellow craft sticks in a row to the front of the pencil with glue.
- Write No. 2 or your favorite teacher’s name on the pencil.
- Create a bunch of pencils and fashion a banner or decorate a classroom bulletin board.
These are some supplies I use when creating these Wooden Stick Pencils Craft:
200 Pcs Craft Sticks Ice Cream Sticks Natural Wood Popsicle Craft Sticks 4.5 inch Length Treat Sticks Ice Pop Sticks for DIY CraftsCrayola Broad Point Washable Markers – Pack of 2 (58-7808-2Pack)Astrobrights Mega Collection 320 Sheets, 65 lb/176 gsm,Sharpie Permanent Markers, Ultra Fine Point, Black, 12 CountElmer’s Liquid School Glue, Washable, 4 Ounces Each , 12 Count – Great for Making SlimeAdTech Ultra Low-Temp Cool Tool | Mini Hot Glue Gun for Safe Crafting | Children and Kids | Item #05690LIVINGO Premium Tailor Scissors Heavy Duty Multi-Purpose Titanium Coating Forged Stainless Steel Sewing Fabric Leather Dressmaking Softgrip Shears Professional Crafting (9.5 INCH)