My whole family loves to eat Traditional Snickerdoodles, and for those of us who also love to eat chocolate, Chocolate Snickerdoodles are the ultimate combination!
Preheat oven to 375.
Combine sugar and butter in a mixing bowl.
Once the mixture is nice and smooth, add the eggs and vanilla.
Beat or mix again until a smooth consistency.
In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
Slowly stir those into the butter mixture
until the cookie dough is well mixed.
Mix the sugar and cocoa powder for the topping either in a bowl or on a plate.
Roll batter into 2-inch size balls. Place on cookie sheet. Press each ball of dough down to flatten.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 ¼ cups softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ½ cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine sugar and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Once the mixture is nice and smooth, add the eggs and vanilla.
- Beat or mix again until a smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- Slowly stir those into the butter mixture until the cookie dough is well mixed.
- Mix the sugar and cocoa powder for the topping either in a bowl or on a plate.
- Roll batter into 2-inch size balls.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Press each ball of dough down to flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Makes 18 (2-inch balls) or 36 (1-inch balls)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when baking Chocolate Snickerdoodles:
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)KitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk – Contour SilverOxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula SetWilton 417-1112 Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop, SilverReynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper – 60 Square FeetRachael Ray 56524 3-Piece Oven Lovin’ Cookie Pan Steel Baking Sheet Set, Gray with Orange GripsUltra Cuisine 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack for Baking fits Half Sheet Pans Cool Cookies, Cakes, Breads – Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling – Heavy Duty Commercial QualityBetty Crocker’s Cooky BookTaste of Home 365 Days of Cookies: Sweeten Your Year with a New Cookie Every DayHello, Cookie Dough: 110 Doughlicious Confections to Eat, Bake & Share
Don’t miss these additional delicious Cookie Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Homemade Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Pie
- Cake Mix Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Cake Mix Chocolate Chip Cookies