Instant Pot Roast
We love enjoying a home cooked Beef Pot Roast in our home, and I’ve typically prepared it in the oven or slow cooker. However, sometimes I don’t have time in the morning to get it in the crockpot, or I’m not home in time to prepare it for the oven. Using my new Instant Pot, I can get it ready in about an hour, which is a huge time saver for me! This recipe requires the basic ingredients, but you can also add, swap, or remove ingredients based on your personal preferences.
These are the ingredients I used to prepare this Instant Pot Pot Roast:
Instant Pot Pot Roast
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons oil of choice
- 1 3-5 lb beef roast personal preference
- 1 onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup beef broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 potatoes peeled and chopped (omit or replace with cauliflower if low-carb)
- Place the butter and oil in your instant pot. Set to Saute setting.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- When the butter is melted, add the roast and sear on each side until well browned, about 1 1/2-2 minutes on each side.
- Remove roast from instant pot.
- Add in the onions, cook while stirring occasionally for 3 minutes until translucent, then the garlic.
- Cook 1 minute before turning off Saute setting.
- Place the roast in the instant pot and pour in the beef broth.
- Secure the lid and select manual for 50 minutes.
- Natural or quick release, then add the carrots and potatoes. Cook on manual for 10 additional minutes.
These are a few items I find helpful when preparing this Instant Pot Roast in my own kitchen:
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerOXO Good Grips Utility Cutting BoardJ.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef’s Knife, 8 Inch, BlackEmile Henry Made In France Lasagna/Roasting Dish 16.75OXO Good Grips Prep Y-PeelerThe Pioneer Woman Vintage Floral 12-Piece Dinnerware Set