My Snickers Stuffed Cupcake are one of those easy cupcake recipes that we all love to bake. The deliciously rich and moist chocolate cupcakes are stuffed with Snickers bar, then topped with a Snickers Caramel Frosting and some chopped peanuts. The perfect treat any time of the day!
Snickers Stuffed Cupcakes
My Snickers Stuffed Cupcakes are deliciously fluffy and moist chocolate cupcakes that are pretending to be Snickers bars.
Y’all know that my family really enjoys candy bar & cookie themed foods. My Snickers Apple Salad, Reese’s Pieces Cupcakes, Thin Mint Truffles, Mint Oreo Cookie Bars, Oreo Acorns, Jello Pudding 3 Layer No Bake Pie, and Oreo No Bake Pie are among their favorites.
Recently I was making some birthday cupcakes, and we had some Snickers Bars in the house, when the Birthday Boy asked if I could incorporate the candy bars into his cupcakes.
I love Candy Bar Inspired Cupcakes so decided to give it a whirl. We were very pleased when the Snickers Filled Cupcakes came out tasting JUST like the candy bar!
I made these Snickers Filled Cupcakes from scratch as this is a really Easy Cupcake Recipe. However, you can replace my cupcake batter recipe with your own favorite chocolate cupcakes recipe or even use a boxed cake mix.
I hope you give this recipe a try because these Best Snickers Cupcakes are definitely a crowd pleaser!
How to make my Snickers Cupcakes recipe:
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F degrees.
- Add paper cupcake liners to your cupcake tin.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add eggs, sugar, and brown sugar, oil, and vanilla into a separate mixing bowl.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour half of the dry mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Then poor half of the buttermilk into the mixture.
- Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and buttermilk.
- Blend until well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners half way with batter.
- Place the cupcake tray into the hot oven and bake for 18-21 minutes.
- Once baked set the cupcakes onto a wire rack to cool.
- Take a spoon and dig out the center of your cupcake, as shown above.
- Add your chopped Snickers bars, caramel and peanuts to the middle of each cupcake.
- Place the top back on your cupcake, and ice each cupcake to your own preference (suggestions below).
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Best Snickers Cupcakes ingredients & substitutions:
- FLOUR: I use all purpose flour for these cupcakes.
- COCOA POWDER: unsweetened cocoa powder gives the chocolate flavor to the cupcake batter.
- BAKING POWDER & BAKING SODA: are both used in this recipe to help the cupcakes rise.
- EGG: I use 2 large eggs in this cake batter.
- SUGAR: I use granulated sugar and brown sugar to make these cupcakes.
- OIL: I use vegetable oil in the cupcake batter, you can also use sunflower oil or other similar flavorless oil
- VANILLA EXTRACT: I like to use vanilla extract as it has the best flavor, you could also use vanilla essence but it’s not so flavourful.
- BUTTERMILK: is added to the cupcake batter for flavor and also helps give baked goods a softer texture once baked.
- CARAMEL: I use a jar of caramel for the cupcake filling and also to drizzle over the top. You can make your own caramel if you prefer.
- SNICKERS BARS: I use mini snickers bars for filling and decorating the cupcakes.
- PEANUTS: chopped peanuts are added both to the filling and also to decorate these delicious cupcakes.
Suggested cupcake toppings:
I like to make a Snickers Buttercream Frosting. Start by first making a caramel buttercream frosting, by combining regular buttercream with some caramel sauce. Pipe on the frosting then decorate with some chopped peanuts and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Alternatively top the rich chocolate Snickers Stuffed Cupcakes and cover in a chocolate ganache, before scattering over some chopped peanuts and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Can Snickers Stuffed cupcakes be made ahead?
If you want to get ahead, I suggest making the cupcake batter the day before and placing it into a sandwich or piping bag. Store the batter in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake the cupcakes.
How long can you store Easy Snickers cupcakes?
Once baked and cooled, place these cupcakes into an airtight container and store on the counter top for 2-3 days (although they never last that long in my kitchen).
Can I freeze Snickers cupcakes?
As with all cupcakes, once baked and cooled, they are really easy to freeze. Place in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, remove the cakes from the freezer and defrost thoroughly before eating.
- You can easily grease the cupcake tray with butter, but I prefer to use paper cupcake liners. This makes getting the cupcakes out of the tray once they are baked, a whole lot easier.
- This recipe can be easily doubled up if you are feeding a crowd.
- This is an easy cupcake recipe, so a great one for baking with the kids.
Don’t miss these delicious cupcake bakes here at When is Dinner:
- Reese’s Pieces Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Orange Crush Cupcakes
- Peppermint White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Cookies & Cream Cupcakes
- Homemade Hostess Cupcakes
- 3/4 cups of Flour
- 1/2 a cup of Cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 a cup of Sugar
- 1/2 a cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla
- 1/2 a cup of Buttermilk
- 1 jar of Caramel
- Mini Snicker Bars
- 1 jar of Peanuts
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing these Snickers Cupcakes:
Wilton Recipe Right Muffin Pan, 12-Cup Non-Stick Muffin PanStandard Size White Cupcake Paper/Baking Cup/Cup Liners, Pack of 500OXO Good Grips 3-piece Mixing Bowl Set, White Bowls with Blue/Green/Brown HandlesTovolo Cupcake ScoopWilton 2103-1112 Scoop-It Batter Spoons, Set of 3YESTBUY 3 Tiers Round Party Wedding Birthday Clear Tree Tower Acrylic Cupcake Stand (9.9 Inches)The Betty Crocker The Big Book of Cupcakes (Betty Crocker Big Book)