Pizza Crescent Rolls are a delicious appetizer and are made out of crescent roll dough, marinara sauce, pepperoni, and string cheese. They are the perfect after-school snack for hungry kids and grown-ups alike. Take them to your next potluck dinner or holiday party.
Pizza Crescent Rolls
This pizza crescent roll recipe is the best quick snack to serve to a group of people. There are endless variations you can try to make them your own. Want a vegetarian option? No problem, just replace the pepperoni with steamed asparagus. If you’d like a dairy-free version, replace the mozzarella cheese with dairy-free cheese.
These pepperoni rollups will definitely be a crowd-pleaser with your friends and family. They’re easy to make from scratch and taste way better than something you could pick up from the store. Make them ahead of time if you need to as well. You’ll love the possibilities these tasty pinwheels present.
How To Make Pizza Crescent Rolls
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles.
Spread the marinara sauce in a thin layer over the top of each triangle.
Place two slices of pepperoni on the bottom of the triangle.
Top the pepperoni with one string cheese half.
Roll up the crescent roll dough around the string cheese and place it on the lined baking sheet.
Brush the crescent rolls with butter and top with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the crescent rolls are golden brown and the string cheese is melted.
Serve with a marinara sauce for dipping.
Tips for Success/Variations:
- Substitute pepperoni with cooked and crumbled bacon or sausage.
- Add a little ranch seasoning to give them a fun new flavor.
- Make taco pizza rolls with Mexican chili powder.
- Add some sauteed vegetables to the rolls to make veggie bites.
- While these pizza crescent rolls are made by cutting the dough into triangles, you can make a ring instead. This makes a beautiful wreath design that is fun to present.
- Pillsbury is a great brand of crescent roll dough to use. You can find it in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.
How to Serve:
Some desserts you can serve with these pizza crescent rolls are Cake Mix Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies, Homemade Sugar Cookies, or Cake Mix Red Velvet Heart Crinkle Cookies.
How to Store:
Wrap the homemade pizza rolls in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to three days after you make them.
You can also tightly wrap the rolls in plastic wrap and then freeze them for up to three months.
To thaw, let it sit on the counter for two hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
How can I make crescent rolls for breakfast?
If you want to make these easy rolls for breakfast, replace the marinara sauce and pepperoni with cooked maple sausage and cheddar cheese.
Can I make crescent rolls for dessert?
Fruit pizza rollups are fun to eat for dessert. Stuff the dough with cream cheese and small diced fruit and then bake.
How can I make crescent rolls in a muffin pan?
To make these rolls in a muffin pan, you can roll up the dough into a big roll, slice them into one-inch pieces, place them in muffin cups to bake.
- 1 package crescent roll dough
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 4 pieces of string cheese, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles.
- Spread the marinara sauce in a thin layer over the top of each triangle.
- Place two slices of pepperoni on the bottom of the triangle and top the pepperoni with one string cheese half.
- Roll up the crescent roll dough around the string cheese and place it on the lined baking sheet.
- Brush the crescent rolls with butter and top with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until the crescent rolls are golden brown and the string cheese is melted.
- Serve with a marinara sauce for dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 368mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g