My Easter Bunny Poop Rice Krispie Treats are a real hit with my kids. These homemade Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats require just 4 ingredients. They are very quick & easy to make and also far less expensive than store bought pre-made Rice Krispie Treats!
Easter Bunny Poop Rice Krispies
My kids LOVE Rice Krispie Treats and the different variations I make from time to time. This time I’m making Easter Rice Krispie Treats with Marshmallows.
Typically, I just use cookie cutters to make different shapes, but sometimes add things to change the coloring to match the theme of upcoming holidays.
I thought it’d be cute and fun to make some Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats and shape them like little balls and call them Easter Bunny Poop Rice Krispie Treats for Easter.
My boys found them hilarious (my boys & their friends tend to enjoy poop themed things). They are delicious and really simple to make.
They make a great addition to any Easter Egg Hunt over the Easter holiday weekend, so I hope that your family enjoys them as much as mine did!
How to make Easter Bunny Poop Krispies:
- Look out all your ingredients ready to start as this is a quick cook.
- Combine the marshmallows and butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl.
- Place the bowl into the microwave and heat for about 1 minute and mix well.
- Now stir in the cocoa powder until completely dissolved.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal to the bowl and stir until covered in the chocolate marshmallow mixture.
- Wait a few minutes until the mixture cools down and form the chocolate Rice Krispies into small bite size balls aka Easter Bunny Poop.
- Set aside until the mixture has set.
Easter Bunny Poop Rice Krispies Ingredients:
- RICE KRISPIES: I use 3 cups of Rice Krispies breakfast cereal. You can also substitute regular Rice Krispies with Cocoa Rice Krispies and if you do that, then leave out the cocoa powder.
- MARSHMALLOW: for ease I use miniature marshmallows to stir through the chocolate along with the Rice Krispies. If you are using larger marshmallows cut them up first.
- BUTTER: you can use either salted or unsalted butter, either will work. You need butter to help the Krispies set, so do not be tempted to use margarine.
- COCOA POWDER: 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder adds a lovely rich chocolaty flavor to the finished sweet treats. Omit the cocoa powder if you are using chocolate flavored rice krispies.
This recipe is really simple and easy to adapt and you can add in a whole variety of different ingredients when making these Easter Bunny Poop Sweet Treats. Here are some ideas:
- Add in some dried fruits like raisins, sultanas, or cut up some dried figs, raspberries or cherries.
- Add in some crushed nuts for extra crunch. Hazelnuts, almonds, peanuts, walnuts and pecans would all work.
- Stir through some chocolate chips along with the Rice Krispies.
- Or how about adding some Reece’s pieces to your Easter Bunny Poo, along with a few spoons of peanut butter?
Can Easter Bunny Poop Rice Krispies be made ahead?
My Easter Bunny Poop Rice Krispies are a great make ahead sweet treat. Make them up the day before and store in an airtight container on the counter top until you are ready to use.
This makes them ideal for the busy Easter week where you can prep well ahead of the kids Easter Bunny Egg Hunt.
- Try not to press down too hard when making these sweet treats as you will break down the Rice Krispies making them hard and dense. Instead, gently combine the ingredients together so they remain light and chewy.
- The butter not only adds flavor, but really helps to achieve that gooey texture to the Krispies and also help them set. Do not be tempted to use margarine as it will not give you the same results.
- Don’t be tempted to freeze these Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats as the Krispies will soften too much during the defrosting process.
- If this is a kids party activity over the Easter weekend, set out the ingredients so you are ready to start. Then allow the kids to get involved and make the Easter Bunny Poop.
Don’t miss my additional Easter themed Recipes and Crafts here at When Is Dinner:
- Rice Krispies Pops with Easter Sprinkles
- Easter Nest Rice Krispie Treats
- Barnyard Chick Nutter Butters
- Carrot Garden Pudding Pops
- Spring Whoopie Pies
- Easter Deviled Eggs
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 8oz (half a bag) of miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1. Combine the marshmallows and butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl.
2. Heat for about 1 minute and mix well
.3. Stir in the cocoa powder until dissolved.
4. Mix in your Rice Krispies cereal until covered in chocolate marshmallows
.5. Wait a few minutes until the mixture cools down and form the chocolate Rice Krispies into small bite size balls aka Easter Bunny Poop.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 43Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Easter Bunny Poop Rice Krispies Recipe:
The Rice Krispies Treats CookbookOXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-PieceOxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula SetFunny Adorable I Love Easter Bunny Poop Emojis Shirt GiftFunny Bunny Wind-up Jelly Bean Pooping Easter Bunny Candy Dispenser (Colors Vary)Easter Bunny’s Berries Poop Candy (Pastel Jelly Beans) – Funny Easter Candy – Unique Gag Gift (1 Pack)Easter Bunny Poop Emoji Pooper Candy Dispenser Basket Stuffer, 0.52 oz, Pack of 3