Chicken Parmesan Crescent Rolls
Chicken parmesan is a classic Italian dish that everyone in the family is sure to love.
But who wants to go to all the trouble of preparing it from scratch?
With these chicken parmesan crescent rolls, your family can enjoy all the flavors of the Italian classic without all the hard work.
All you need are a few common ingredients and a few minutes of your time to make this quick and easy recipe for dinner tonight.
Ingredients for Chicken Parmesan Crescent Rolls
This simple recipe is packed with Italian flavor. But the best part about this dinner idea is that you can use premade ingredients to speed up the prep time. With the help of some frozen chicken and premade sauce, you’ll be able to whip up a quick and delicious dinner in no time!
To make your own chicken parmesan crescent rolls at home, you’ll need:
- Frozen chicken strips
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Crescent Rolls
These stuffed crescent rolls couldn’t be easier to make! Follow these quick instructions to prepare this family-friendly recipe for dinner tonight.
Before you can start putting your crescent wrapped chicken parmesan bites together, you’ll need to take a few minutes to prep your ingredients.
Start by placing your chicken strips in the oven to bake until they’re nice and crispy.
To help crisp the breading as it cooks in the oven, spray each chicken strip with a little bit of nonstick cooking spray.
While your chicken is baking, unroll the crescent roll dough and separate each triangle.
After that, remove the chicken from the oven and cut each chicken strip in half.
Place one piece of chicken on the bottom of each crescent roll triangle.
Top your chicken strips with a spoonful of marinara sauce.
Then, place a piece of cheese on top of each piece of chicken.
After that, all you have to do is roll up your crescent rolls.
To keep the sauce from spilling out, it’s best to wrap the crescent roll dough around the chicken strip instead of trying to roll the chicken onto the crescent roll.
Just pick up the strip, holding the crescent roll dough in place on the bottom, and wrap the remaining dough around the top of the chicken.
Place each stuffed crescent roll on a baking sheet and bake it according to the package instructions.
Most crescent rolls need to bake between 9 and 13 minutes.
When the rolls are golden brown, you can remove the pan from the oven.
Before you serve your chicken parmesan bread, melt a small amount of butter and brush it over the top of each crescent.
Sprinkle the garlic powder and Italian seasoning over the top to add a little bit more Italian flavor to each bite.
Chicken Parmesan Crescents Recipe Ideas
Since this quick recipe is so simple to make, you can easily change up the ingredients to suit your family’s tastes. Try these recipe ideas as you’re preparing your dinner to create a delicious dish everyone in the family will love.
- Use different cheese. Mozzarella cheese is a classic topping for chicken parmesan. I found using sliced mozzarella is the easiest way to prepare these stuffed crescent rolls without making a mess. But if you don’t have any sliced cheese on hand, you have a few different options. You can use shredded cheese in place of sliced cheese, but be careful when you’re rolling to keep the cheese from falling out. Another simple option is string cheese. Slice the string cheese in half and place each half on top of the chicken instead of sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Add more seasoning. The marinara sauce and chicken strips in this easy recipe are a delicious combination, so using extra seasoning isn’t necessary. But if you want to add even more Italian flavor, you could sprinkle some seasonings on the chicken before you roll it up. Try adding Italian seasoning blend, garlic powder, minced garlic, grated parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, or parsley to your chicken rollups before baking.
- Make it with shredded chicken. The breading on frozen chicken strips adds a nice crunch to this dinner recipe. But you can easily replace those chicken strips with shredded chicken to reduce your prep time. If you have leftover shredded chicken on hand, combine the chicken and marinara sauce in a bowl. Spoon the mixture on top of each crescent roll and top with cheese before rolling and baking. You can also use sliced chicken breast, rotisserie chicken or canned chicken in place of chicken strips.
- Double the recipe. If you’re cooking for a large family, you can easily double this recipe. To double the recipe, use eight chicken strips and two packages of crescent rolls, the follow the instructions as written.
PLEASE remember to pin my post on Pinterest, and every time you SHARE my posts on Facebook or Instagram, it helps my blog be found by others who could enjoy my recipes too!
- 4 frozen chicken strips
- 1 8-count package crescent rolls
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and bake the chicken strips for 10 minutes.
- When the cook time is up, unroll the crescent roll dough and separate it into triangles.
- Cut each chicken strip in half and place one strip on the end of each triangle.
- Top the chicken with a spoonful of marinara sauce and two pieces of mozzarella cheese.
- Wrap the end of the crescent roll dough around the chicken strip.
- Remove the foil from the pan and place the crescent rolls on the baking sheet.
- Bake the crescents for 10 to 12 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.
- Before serving, brush each crescent roll with melted butter and top with garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 436mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g