My Easy Instant Pot Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Recipe contains a few simple ingredients and can be made in only 15 minutes. Then it’s simply a case of having patience for it to set before you cut it up into pieces and enjoy!
Easy Instant Pot Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge
For those who enjoy Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and/or Fudge, you must try this Easy Instant Pot Fudge Recipe as you are sure to love it!
Prep time is minimal, only 15 minutes until all the ingredients have melted together. Then place into the tray and set aside in the refrigerator to firm up.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups may be my kids favorite candy. I mean, they like pretty much ALL candy, but I’d say that Reese’s is their all time favorite.
You can pop over to look at my post about the time when we were Visiting Hershey, PA a few years ago. You can see that they were drawn to the Reese’s family of products and one of them bought a gigantic Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup that took him days to eat (after fighting off his favorite uncle who wanted to eat it first, haha!).
We’ve recently started making a no bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie, but they’ve eaten it too fast for me to snap pictures. I’ll make one soon while they’re at school, so I can photograph it before they demolish it. Teenage boys are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to food!
If you enjoy Reese’s food, you won’t want to miss my Reese’s Pieces Cupcakes Recipe too!
For another great tasting sweet treat, why not try my Walnut Fudge Recipe?
Can I make fudge in the Instant Pot?
Making homemade fudge is a lot easier than you might think. This simple recipe can be made in the Instant Pot for ease, or in a non-stick pot on the stove top. Either method will work, you just need to take time to melt all the ingredients together.
How to make Easy Instant Pot Reese’s Fudge:
- Place the butter, chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract into the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté.
- Stir or whisk the ingredients constantly until mixture is completely melted and well combined to a smooth consistency.
- Line a 8×8-inch baking pan with kitchen foil.
- Spray the kitchen foil with cooking spray.
- Next cover the bottom of the pan with the Reese’s peanut butter cup pieces.
- Pour the fudge mixture from Instant Pot into the baking pan, covering the peanut butter cup pieces.
- Then cover the baking pan with foil and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours until fudge is firm and has set.
- Once set, remove the fudge from the baking pan, place on a cutting board and cut into 1-2” pieces.
Recipe ingredients & substitutions:
- CANDY: I use 24 Reese’s peanut butter cups that are unwrapped and chopped into small pieces and placed on to bottom of the baking pan. These add great texture through the chocolate fudge. Reese’s peanut butter cups are our favorite candy option but you can add any candy pieces that you and your family enjoy eating.
- CHOCOLATE CHIPS: I use a combination of white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips in this fudge. However you can use any variation or flavor of chocolate chips. Bitter dark chocolate would work in this fudge too.
- PEANUT BUTTER CHIPS: As well as the chocolate chips I add 1 cup of peanut butter chips to really add that peanut butter flavor to the fudge.
- BUTTER: I use 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, but you can use regular salted butter too. Do not use margarine in this recipe as the fudge won’t set properly.
- CONDENSED MILK: I add a 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk to the fudge.
- VANILLA EXTRACT: I like to use vanilla extract as it has the best flavor. You could also use vanilla essence but it’s not so flavourful.
This fudge recipe is really simple to make and I have chosen to add Reese’s peanut butter cups through the fudge. However, you can use different candy and other ingredients and it will work out great too. Here are some ideas:
- NUTS: stir through some chopped nuts – peanuts, walnuts and pecans would work a treat.
- CANDY: swap the peanut butter cups for Reese’s Pieces, any variety M&M’s or some honeycomb/cinder toffee.
If you have someone that is in need of a gluten free, dairy free, vegan fudge, consider this amazing coconut oil fudge from What the Fab. It’s also guilt-free (in moderation), since it’s naturally sweetened and made with coconut oil, a healthy fat, instead of butter.
Recipe hints & tips:
- I recommend chilling this fudge for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator. This allows time for the fudge to set firm before cutting into portions.
- The quantity served will depend on the size of the squares you cut. I like small pieces, so I cut mine into 1-2″ pieces which will give you roughly 24 individual servings.
- This delicious fudge makes a great gift. I like to make batches of fudge and once cut up I place them into Mason Jars. Ready to give to friends, and they also make the ideal host gift too.
Don’t miss these additional delicious Reese’s Recipes featured here at When Is Dinner:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Instant Pot Reese’s Fudge
- Reese’s Pieces Cupcakes
- No Bake Reese’s Pieces Pie
- 24 Reese's peanut butter cups that are unwrapped and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 x8 baking pan lined with foil
- Cooking spray
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 121mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 6g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Easy Instant Pot Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Recipe:
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerREESE’S Peanut Butter Cups, Milk Chocolate, Snack Size (Pack of 2 Pounds)Nestle, Toll House, Premier White Morsels, 12oz Bag (Pack of 6)NESTLE TOLL HOUSE Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz. BagREESE’S Peanut Butter Chips, 10 OunceWatkins Original Gourmet Baking Vanilla Extract, with Pure Vanilla Extract, 11 Ounce (Packaging may vary)Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware 8-Inch Square Cake Pans, Multipack of 2OXO Good Grips Utility Cutting BoardJ.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL 31161-201 CLASSIC Chef’s Knife, 8 Inch, Black300 Best Homemade Candy Recipes: Brittles, Caramels, Chocolate, Fudge, Truffles and So Much MoreMulti-purpose Pizza Cutter,Cheese Slicer, Dough Cutter, Super Sharp Stainless Good Grips Steel Cutter for Pizza, Pie, Bread, Vegetables, Easy To Clean, with Protective Cover，Set of 1 (1)Mud Pie 4075142 Happy Hostess Serving Platter White