Easy Cookies & Cream Mini Trifles are made with only 4 basic ingredients and they are easy to assemble and enjoy in a matter of minutes. The ingredients can easily be swapped, using the flavors you enjoy to personalize these simple mini trifles!
Easy Cookies & Cream Mini Trifles
These quick and Easy Cookies & Cream Mini Trifles are the perfect No Bake Dessert for a weeknight dessert for your family, as they can be prepared in minutes.
They are also the ideal Mini Trifle Recipe when you are hosting a party or gathering of family and friends as they can be whipped up earlier in the day and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Because this Easy Trifle Recipe only requires four basic ingredients, it’s also an affordable dessert that’s simple enough to have your kids or grand kids help you prepare.
This 4 Ingredient Dessert recipe is versatile too, you can easily swap out ingredients to personalize it to your taste preference! For example, you could use lemon cookies and lemon pudding, chips ahoy and chocolate pudding, vanilla wafers and banana cream pudding. There are a multitude of flavor options for you to try out!
How to make Easy Cookies & Cream Mini Trifles:
- Prepare the white chocolate pudding by combining the pudding powder with the milk.
- Whisk together until it begins to firm and set aside.
- Crush the Oreo cookies into small chunks.
- To assemble the trifles, layer the crushed Oreos and pudding mixture in alternate layers until the jar is almost full, about 1 inch from the top of your chosen container.
- Finish the trifles off with a layer of whipped topping and a sprinkle of broken Oreo pieces.
- Set aside to chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Easy Cookies and Cream Mini Trifles Ingredients:
- COOKIES: I use 1 package or Oreo sandwich cookies. You can substitute with any other variety or flavor of cookie that you and your family enjoy.
- PUDDING MIX: I use a pack of Jell-O white chocolate instant pudding mix for ease. You can substitute with any other flavor of instant pudding to vary the flavors.
- MILK: 2 cups milk are combined with the pudding powder. I use full or reduced fat milk.
- TOPPING: I use whipped topping for ease, but you could also use heavy or whipping cream too.
Other flavor combinations to try out:
These mini trifles are really easy to adapt and personalize to suit your own tastes. Here are some ideas:
- Swap the Oreo sandwich cookies for chocolate chip cookies and layer them up with banana flavored pudding mix.
- Go all out on chocolate and swap the white chocolate pudding mix for milk chocolate or try and layer of each.
- Create chocolate and vanilla trifles, by swapping the pudding mix for some ready-made vanilla custard.
- To make lemon flavored mini trifles, swap the chocolate cookies for lemon cookies and use a lemon flavored pudding mix.
- Individual strawberry trifles would be ideal too. Swap the pudding mix for strawberry pudding mix and layer through some fresh sliced strawberries.
- For a burst of fresh fruit flavor, layer through some fresh berries.
- You can also add fruit flavor by layering some drained canned fruit, or even a spoon of your favorite flavor fruit jam.
Can Cookies & Cream Mini Trifles be made ahead?
This is a great make ahead dessert. I like to prepare and layer up the trifles earlier in the day, then set them aside to chill and firm up in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
Recipe hints & tips:
- I have layered up this simple 4 ingredient dessert in Mason Jars. However, you can use a regular glasses, wine glasses, or even recycle a jelly or jam jar.
- Heading out on a picnic? Then layer these easy mini trifles into jam or jelly jars with a tight fitting lid and pop into your cool bag. Your family and friends will be glad you did as this is a great sweet treat to enjoy on a sunny day.
- Leftover trifles can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. However, be aware that the layers will start to meld together and the cookies will lose some of their crunch the longer they are left to sit.
- This recipe will feed 6, but can be easily doubled or trebled if you are feeding a crowd.
Don’t miss these other delicious No Bake Dessert Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Jello 3 Layer Pudding Pie
- Easy No Bake Strawberry Pie
- No Bake Chocolate Cookie Dough Hearts
- Oreo Cool Whip Pie
- Banana Split Pops
- No Bake Reese’s Pieces Pie
- No Bake Salted Caramel Pie
- 1 package Oreos - 14.3 oz
- white chocolate pudding - 3.4 oz
- 2 cups milk
- whipped topping - 8 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 339mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 2gSugar: 39gProtein: 7g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Easy Cookies & Cream Mini Trifles Recipe:
Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies – Family Size, 3.1 OunceJell-O White Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix 3.3 Ounce Box (Pack of 6)JELL-O Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Pudding & Pie Filling Mix, White Chocolate, 1 Ounce (Pack of 6)Dessert Ice cream cups Mini trifle bowls,salad fruit dish 6 OZ set of 6 clearAnchor Hocking Presence Mini Trifle Bowl, Set of 8Estilo Mason Jar Mugs with Handle and Straws Old Fashioned Drinking Glass Set 6, 16 oz EachSaedy Stainless Steel Dessert Spoons, 6.7 Inches, 12-piece