If we’re talking family favorite desserts, look no further than my No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie. I take a store-bought Oreo pie crust and fill it with a creamy peanut butter filling, before topping it with Reese’s shell chocolate topping, minis and peanut butter chips. Deliciously simple!
No Bake Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
Y’all know we are big Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup fans in our house. I shared recently how we made Instant Pot Reese’s Peanut Butter Fudge, and I’ve also shared my recipe for Reese’s Pieces Cupcakes.
Several years ago, we started creating 3 ingredient pies around the holidays, incorporating our favorite candy bars. At the time, we made Oreo Cool Whip Pie, then a Jello 3 Layer Pie that has 4 ingredients.
This past Thanksgiving, while I was recovering from major surgery, Nick and the boys had to handle Thanksgiving dinner and all the desserts on their own. One of the boys decided to make a Reese’s PB Cup Pie.
They gobbled it up really quickly, then made another one at Christmas, then another the next week when we were in Tennessee visiting family. It was a hit each time, but also very rich.
Once I felt better, I experimented and added a few ingredients that enhanced the recipe. The result is this easy recipe for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family!
How to make Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie
- Add cream cheese and peanut butter to a large bowl or mixer bowl.
- Gradually add your powdered sugar as you mix. Fold in the whipped topping & mix well.
- Pour this mixture into the pie crust.
- Top with the Reese’s Shell Chocolate.
- Add whole Reese’s Cups & half Reese’s all over the top of your pie.
- Sprinkle Reese’s Peanut Butter chips onto your pie.
- Chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Then serve & enjoy!!!
- PIE CRUST: for convenience I like to use a ready-made Oreo pie crust. Or you can make your own – see my recipe tips below. If you don’t like Oreo cookies then I suggest making a pie crust using Graham Crackers instead.
- SUGAR: powdered sugar sweetens the pie filling.
- VANILLA: I use vanilla extract to flavor the chocolate filling as it has depth of flavor. You could also use vanilla essence but it is not so intense.
- WHIPPED TOPPING: is quick to use. You can substitute with whipping cream instead, just add a touch of vanilla extract for extra flavor and to sweeten the cream a little.
- CREAM CHEESE: use any variety cream cheese, although full fat works best and gives the best texture to the pie filling.
- PEANUT BUTTER: use your favorite brand of smooth and creamy peanut butter.
- REESE’S SHELL CHOCOLATE TOPPING: is simple to use and sets quickly. You can substitute with melted dark chocolate.
- TOPPINGS: I decorate the top of my peanut butter pie with Reese’s Minis and Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips.
Recipe hints & tips:
- If you can’t find a pre-made chocolate pie crust, you can easily make your own by crushing Oreo biscuits (this is easiest done in a food processor). Then mix the crumb with melted butter until really well combined. Next just press the mixture into a pie pan and set aside in the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes while you get on with making the filling.
- For a gluten free Reese’s pieces pie look for a gluten free pie crust or make your own with gluten free Oreo biscuits. The Reese’s products mentioned above are gluten free as are most whipped toppings but it’s always worth checking the label.
There’s so much flavor in this pie so I like to keep things simple. Serve a slice as it is or with some whipped cream, or your favorite flavor ice-cream.
This Easy Peanut Butter Pie is also the perfect dessert for family gatherings or to bring along to your next potluck dinner.
Can you make ahead Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie?
This is a great make ahead pie recipe. Make it up earlier in the day or the day before. Cover the pie dish with some aluminium foil and it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Leftover pie can also be stored in the exact same way.
Can you freeze Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie?
Yes, absolutely. The whole pie or any leftover pie, can be covered with aluminium foil and place int he freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost the pie overnight in the refrigerator before enjoying.
Don’t miss these additional delicious Reese’s Recipes featured here at When Is Dinner:
Reese's Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 Oreo pie crust
- 1-3/4 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 8 oz Whipped Topping
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1-¾ cups Peanut Butter
- miniature Reese’s
- Reese’s Shell Chocolate Topping
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 938Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 369mgCarbohydrates: 145gFiber: 3gSugar: 126gProtein: 13g
These are a few items I find helpful when creating this Reese’s Peanut Butter Pie Recipe in my own kitchen:
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire RedOreo Pie Crust, 6 OunceReese’s Peanut Butter Shell Topping,7.25-Ounce Bottle (Pack of 3)Cuisinart CTG-00-SCHP Stainless Steel ChopperOxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula SetPyrex Easy Grab Glass Pie Plate (9.5-Inch, 2-Pack)OXO SteeL Pie ServerRoyal Doulton Pacific Tapas Plates, 6.3-Inch, Blue, Set of 6
Sunday 30th of June 2019
This looks delicious.
Sunday 30th of June 2019
My son loves Reeses. I'll have to make this for his birthday.
Sunday 30th of June 2019
love this recipe reese cups is a big hit in my family too so i will be trying this
Friday 28th of June 2019
Thanks for this awesome recipe! Reeses peanut butter cups are my husband's favorite & he has a birthday coming up!! This would be a perfect Birthday pie for him!!
Ashley Chassereau Parks
Wednesday 26th of June 2019
Reese's PB cups are my favorite dessert, but I have two kids who are ana to peanuts so sadly we don't have anything with peanuts in our house any longer. This looks SO delicious though. I wish I could eat this one night on a kid free date night with the hubby!