This quick and easy Homemade Spicy Ketchup recipe is perfect for anyone who loves regular tomato ketchup but likes to add a little extra spice. Made with only 3 ingredients, tomato ketchup, chipotle chili in adobo sauce and chipotle chili powder, this ketchup can be blitzed together in a matter of minutes.
Homemade Spicy Ketchup
This Homemade Spicy Ketchup is a delicious blend of sweet, sour, and spicy all in one. Even better, it’s blitzed together in a matter of seconds.
It is perfect for dipping with your Homemade French Fries (or frozen), and also makes a great topping your favorite burgers or sandwiches. Or try this deliciously spicy ketchup with some oven baked potato wedges. The options are endless.
This Spicy Chipotle Ketchup is very easy to make, and I hope you’ll love this delicious ketchup with a kick as much as my family does!
How to make Spicy Ketchup?
- Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds until all ingredients are combined and the ketchup is smooth.
- Pour the ketchup into a serving bowl and serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
- SAUCE: I use 1 cup of tomato ketchup as a base to this sauce.
- PEPPERS: I add 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce.
- SPICE: To really add to the spice, I also add 1 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder.
Flavor variations & substitutions:
- For the spice lovers, this takes ketchup to the next level! For those who really like it hot, additional chipotle peppers can be added.
- Add extra spice, some ground cumin or smoked paprika would be a great choice.
- Want to add a touch of sourness, add a splash of apple cider vinegar.
Recipe hints & tips:
- The adobo chili peppers are canned and usually found in the Mexican food section of any grocery store. The chipotle chili powder is found in the spice aisle.
- If the ketchup is a little too thick, thin it down with a splash of water.
Spicy Chipotle Ketchup can be added to so many dishes, it’s perfect for dipping your Homemade French Fries (or frozen fries). Add some to burgers, fish slides, chicken wings, or fried chicken.
This is a really versatile ketchup I serve it with everything from my Oven Baked Chicken Fried Steak and Best Easy Meatloaf to my Mac-N-Cheese Mini Bites and Philly Cheesesteak Potato Skins. Basically anywhere you want to add that intense smoky tomato flavor.
Store ketchup in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. Ketchup can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Yes, once combined you can store spicy ketchup in the freezer, in an airtight container, for up to 3 months.
Try some of these great sauce and dip recipes here at When is Dinner:
- French Onion Dip
- Easy Fry Sauce
- Dill Pickle Dip
- 6 Minute Salted Caramel Sauce
- Mississippi Sin Dip
- Homemade Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
For the spice lovers, this takes ketchup to the next level! For those who really like it hot, additional chipotle peppers can be added.The adobo chili peppers are canned and usually found in the Mexican food section of any grocery store. The chipotle chili powder is found in the spice aisle.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 43Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
These are a few items I find helpful when preparing this Homemade Spicy Ketchup Recipe in my own kitchen:
Ninja Professional 72oz Countertop Blender with 1000-Watt Base and Total Crushing Technology for Smoothies, Ice and Frozen Fruit (BL610), BlackMcCormick Chipotle Chili Pepper, 2.12 ozGoya Pepper Chiles Chipotle 7 Ounce (pack of 4)OXO Good Grips Chef’s Squeeze Bottle SetDelling Ultra-Strong 3 Oz Ceramic Dip Bowls Set, White Dipping Sauce Bowls/Dishes for Tomato Sauce, Soy, BBQ and other Party Dinner – Set of 6The Heinz Tomato Ketchup CookbookCookbook of Homemade Sauces: A Cookbook Full of Ketchup, Barbecue, Tartar and Many Other Sauce Recipes (Dressings and Sauces 1)Easy Ketchup Cookbook: Innovative & Easy Ketchup Recipes You Can Create at Home