The KEY ingredient in this Easy Meatloaf recipe is Hunt’s Meatloaf Sauce.
I typically serve it with mashed potatoes and green beans.
I took this picture on my camera phone inside a Walmart so you could see exactly what it looks like.
It’s only $0.78 a can (you need just one per loaf), so it’s affordable too.
To begin, combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, reserving some of the sauce for later.
You can stir with a wooden spoon, or your hands.
I find I get a more thorough mix with my hands, but I do wear food grade gloves, because it gets messy (and I have weird allergies, to some ingredients)!
If you have a deep loaf pan, it should fit inside that for baking.
I have three teenagers who are varsity athletes in high school.
Two pounds of meatloaf doesn’t stretch far enough to feed them.
Even with sides and bread.
So, I am currently TRIPLING the recipe.
Instead of using 3 loaf pans, I just make a giant meatloaf on a baking sheet.
Before I give you the recipe (it’s on the can too), I’ll reveal my last Meatloaf Secret.
I use 1lb Ground Beef and 1lb Jimmy Dean Maple Flavored Breakfast Sausage instead of 2 lbs ground beef.
When I make this for friends, they can never figure out what my “secret” to amazing meatloaf is, and it’s very simple.
Hunt’s Seasoning and Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean Maple Flavored Breakfast Sausage
- 1 can Hunt's Meatloaf Seasoning pictured above
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup Italian Seasoning Bread Crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Mix ground beef and breakfast sausage in a large bowl. Add in half the can of tomato seasoning, the beaten eggs, and the bread crumbs. Mix well and thorough.
- Transfer mixture onto the baking sheet and form into a long, narrow loaf, shaping with your hands.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour, remove - drain if necessary - usually any grease just burns onto the foil, as you can see in my picture, pour remaining seasoning from can over top of loaf and return to oven to cook about another 10 minutes.
These are a few things I find helpful when preparing this Easy Meatloaf Recipe in my own kitchen:
Hunt’s, Dinner Starters, Seasoned Tomato Sauce For Meatloaf, 15oz Can (Pack of 6)OXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-PieceWilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Meatloaf Pan Set, Reduce the Fat and Kick Up the Flavor, Bake Your Favorite Meatloaf and Let the Fat Drain Away, 2-Piece Set, 9.25 x 5.25 x 2.75 inch
Don’t miss these additional delicious Ground Beef Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Sunday Spaghetti Sauce
- Beef and Bean Burritos
- Taco Pasta Bake
- Cheeseburger Pie
- Baked Penne Rigate
- Slow Cooker Homemade Chili