Lemon Pudding Pie is a delicious no-bake dessert made with only four ingredients including lemon pudding mix, milk, graham cracker crust, and whipped cream. This pie is easy to make and keto-friendly. You can have it ready to eat in just one hour.
Lemon Pudding Pie
This lemon pie recipe is made with instant pudding mix from a box which makes it incredibly simple to throw together. This is the perfect dish to serve in the summer because it’s eaten cold and you don’t need to turn on the oven when it’s hot outside. The sweet and tart pie filling and whipped cream are cool and refreshing any night of the week.
Don’t miss these additional delicious No Bake Pudding Pies here at When Is Dinner: Easy No Bake S’Mores Pie, Easy No Bake Strawberry Pudding Pie, No Bake Reese’s Pieces Pie, Oreo Cool Whip Pie, and JELLO Pudding 3 Layer Pie.
How to make lemon pudding pie
Whisk together the lemon pudding and milk until smooth and thickened.
Spread half the mixture in the bottom of the pie crust.
Add half the whipped topping to the remaining pudding and stir to combine.
Spread the mixture over the lemon pudding layer.
Top with remaining whipped topping.
Chill for at least one hour or up to overnight, then garnish with lemon zest and serve.
Tips for Success:
Here are some tips for success on how to make these the best lemon pudding pie you’ve ever had.
- This pie is gluten-free as long as the box of pudding mix uses cornstarch rather than flour.
- There is no added sugar in this pudding, however, the pudding mix may have some included. Be sure to check the box to make sure it’s sugar-free.
- Make the lemon pudding from scratch rather than using instant pudding mix.
- Add blueberries, bananas, chia seeds, or sliced strawberries for a fun and fruity addition.
- Add a little cream cheese, sour cream, or buttermilk for a creamier pudding pie.
- Use Meyer lemons rather than regular lemons for a sweeter flavor.
- Use Cool Whip topping or homemade whipped cream to the top of this pie.
How to Serve:
This pie is a delicious dessert that you can serve after the main course.
How to Store:
If there is some leftover pie or you want to keep it in the refrigerator for a day or two, lay a piece of plastic wrap over the top and gently smooth it over the pie.
This will prevent the pie from forming a film on top. Tightly wrap the rest of the pie and refrigerate for up to five days.
You can also use this method to freeze the pie for up to three months. To thaw, let it rest in the refrigerator until it’s no longer frozen.
What else can I make with lemon pudding?
You can use lemon pudding in desserts other than pie. Add it to a bundt cake, pound cake, bread pudding, chess pie, poke cake, or make it into an icebox cake.
What’s the difference between pudding and custard?
Pudding and custard are very similar. The main difference is what they use for a thickening agent. Pudding uses cornstarch or flour while custard uses eggs.
How can I get graham cracker pie crust?
This tasty crust is the best for this lemon pudding pie. You can buy one from the grocery store or you can make it at home yourself.
- 1 6-ounce package lemon pudding
- 2 cups milk
- 1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust
- 1 8-ounce container whipped topping
- Lemon zest for garnish, optional
- Whisk together the lemon pudding and milk until smooth and thickened.
- Spread half the mixture in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Add half the whipped topping to the remaining pudding and stir to combine.
- Spread the mixture over the lemon pudding layer.
- Top with remaining whipped topping.
- Chill for at least one hour or up to overnight, then garnish with lemon zest and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g