BBQ Crescent Roll Cups are a delicious appetizer made with crescent dough, shredded chicken, barbecue sauce, baked, beans, and shredded cheese. They’re made in a muffin tin and can be eaten for an appetizer or for the main course. These cheesy little cups are kid-approved.
BBQ Crescent Roll Cups
These BBQ crescent rolls are stuffed with savory ingredients and baked until crispy on the outside and wonderfully hot and toasty on the inside. Most crescent rolls are made by wrapping the ingredients in the dough and baking, but by making these into cups, they can hold more deliciousness. These bites are perfect for bringing to a gathering, to freeze and save for later, or as an after-school snack.
How to make BBQ crescent roll cups
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease 8 cups of a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Unroll the crescent roll dough on a lightly flour surface and pinch the seams together.
Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough and seal the seams, then cut it into eight squares.
Press the squares into the muffin pan to form cups.
Stir together the shredded chicken and BBQ sauce in a medium bowl.
Spoon the mixture into the cups.
Top the chicken with baked beans.
Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of each cup.
Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crescent rolls are golden brown.
Tips for Success:
Here are some tips for success on how to make these the best BBQ crescent roll cups you’ve ever had.
- Roll the dough into balls and fry them for a crispier, fried texture and flavor.
- Use buffalo chicken instead of BBQ chicken.
- Make sloppy joe mixture out of ground beef or ground turkey to use instead of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the tops with crumbled bacon bits.
- Add chopped hot dogs to make these BBQ crescent rolls cups like chili dogs.
- Use pulled pork rather than chicken and coat it in the BBQ sauce.
How to Serve:
How to Store:
Keep any leftovers in the fridge for up to five days in an airtight container. You can also make these cups ahead of time and freeze them. Put them in a freezer bag and be sure to label them so you remember what’s in the bag when you find it in the freezer later.
To reheat, place the cups in the microwave (or air fryer) and heat in 30-second increments until they’re heated all the way through.
Can I make these cups in the air fryer?
You can make BBQ crescent cups in the air fryer, however, you’ll need to use an air fryer-sized muffin pan or roll the crescent dough into balls rather than cups.
How can I make crescent rolls into breakfast cups?
You can switch out the BBQ chicken, beans, and cheese with sweet breakfast ingredients. Some options include cinnamon, chopped apples, cream cheese, Nutella, sliced strawberries, dried cherries, brie, or sliced peaches.
How can I make these crescent roll cups vegetarian?
This recipe uses shredded chicken coated in BBQ sauce, but you can use jackfruit, tofu, an egg, or another vegetable of your choice instead.
- 1 package crescent roll dough
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 8-ounce can baked beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease 8 cups of a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough on a lightly floured surface and pinch the seams together.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough and seal the seams, then cut it into eight squares.
- Press the squares into the muffin pan to form cups.
- Stir together the shredded chicken and BBQ sauce in a medium bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the cups.
- Top the chicken with baked beans, then sprinkle shredded cheese over the top of each cup.
- Bake in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crescent rolls are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 355Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 732mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 15g