Brownie Christmas Trees
There are so many fun and creative ways to make food festive during the holidays, and these easy to assemble Brownie Christmas Trees are top of the list!
You can use your favorite Homemade Brownies Recipe or preferred box mix, whatever you choose!
This post includes a recipe for homemade frosting, but you could also use premade icing, and just mix in some food coloring.
Feel free to make it your own and decorate with whatever colors and flavors you like best!
Brownie Christmas Trees
- 1 box of brownie mix any brand
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. water
- green frosting recipe to follow
- holiday sprinkles
- yellow stars
- disposable piping bag
- Wilton Star tip 1m
- 3 - round cookie/biscuit cutters in varying sizes
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 1/2 C. butter softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp. milk
- green food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the brownie mix and ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Combine the powdered sugar, softened butter and vanilla extract. Add in 1 tablespoon of milk at a time, as needed until the frosting as reached your desired consistency.
- Attach the star tip to the piping bag and fill the bag with green frosting.
- Use the 3 varying cookie cutters to gently cut out the brownie circles.
- Gently squeeze the frosting out of the bag and onto the top of each brownie (I started with the biggest and stacked).
- Top the last brownie with frosting to resemble to top of a Christmas tree.
- Add a star on top and holiday sprinkles.
- Repeat with the rest of the brownies.
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing these Brownie Christmas Trees:
Mydio Set of 6 Multi-size Round Cookie Cutter,Two-sided Biscuit Fruit Cutter(Biscuit Cutters and Fondant cake Cutters),Random colorWilton 402-2110 1M Open Star Piping TipWilton 12-Inch Disposable Decorating Bags for Piping and Decorating with Assorted Icings, Flexible and Microwave-Safe, Bags Only (24-Count)Festival Reindeer Games Holiday Nonpareils 5.1oz JarBetty Crocker Brownie Mix Fudge Family Size 18.3 oz BoxWilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Oblong Cake Pan, Set of 2OXO Good Grips Brownie SpatulaThe Easy Homemade Cookie Cookbook: Simple Recipes for the Best Chocolate Chip Cookies, Brownies, Christmas Treats and Other American Favorites50 Christmas Bar Recipes – Traditional Bar Cookies, Cheesecake Bars, Brownies and Blondies (The Ultimate Christmas Recipes and Recipes For Christmas Collection Book 7)Good Housekeeping Kids Cook!: 100+ Super-Easy, Delicious Recipes (Good Housekeeping Kids Cookbooks)
Don’t miss these additional fun and festive Christmas Themed Recipes and Crafts:
- Christmas Tree Brownies
- Reindeer Treat Bags
- Candy Cane Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Peppermint Cupcakes
- Christmas Potpourri with FREE Printable
- Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Snowman
- Christmas Tree Krispie Treats
- Christmas Tree Strawberry Bites
- Grinch Fruit Kabobs
- Christmas Snack Mix
- Melted Snowman Water Bottle Labels with FREE Printable
- Reindeer Noses Treat Bags
- Snowman Cupcakes