Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats are a fun and easy way to get into a festive holiday spirit.
Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
I am having a blast making different themed recipes this holiday season, and the next I’d like to share with you is Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats.
Each weekend in our town there is at least one craft fair at a local school or church in our town, and more in neighboring towns.
For the schools in our town, I’ve tried to donate some homemade items for them to use at the PTO Bake Sale table when I was able, I donated some to the Teacher Dinner’s each PTO sponsored during Parent Teacher Conference Nights, and I’m sending some to sports team and school class parties.
This gives me an opportunity to try new themed recipes from my list of ideas, but not feed my family excessive quantities of treats everyday for weeks on end 🙂
These were highlighted at a local pre-school craft fair Saturday, and were sold out when I got there a couple of hours after opening!
I hope you enjoy them!
To begin, gather all the ingredients needed for the recipe, and line your baking sheet with Parchment Paper.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
Stir in green food coloring.
Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies cereal until well coated.
Grease your hands and form mixture into cone shapes.
Place trees onto prepared pan and set aside.
*Note: If using for a class party project, you’ll probably want to get them to this point yourself, depending on age and abilities of the kids involved.
You can transport them to the class like this, have the decoration items ready, and let the kids decorate & eat!
Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl according to package directions, and transfer to a piping bag or zip-lock bag to pipe onto trees.
Pipe melted white chocolate like a garland around each tree.
Place candies onto tree and dab the backs with extra white chocolate if needed to make sure it sticks well.
Optional: place Reese’s upside down on pan and pipe chocolate on it – place tree on top. (This works best with smaller trees).
Allow to set before serving.
CHRISTMAS TREE RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 10.5 oz Marshmallows
- Green Food Coloring
- 3 oz. White Chocolate
- Misc. Candies for decorating (Peppermints for tree toppers; sprinkles M&M candies, etc. for ornaments; Reese’s
- for tree trunks)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Stir in green food coloring.
- Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies cereal until well coated.
- Grease your hands and form mixture into cone shapes. Place trees onto prepared pan and set aside.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl according to package directions, and transfer to a piping bag or zip-
- lock bag to pipe onto trees.
- Pipe melted white chocolate like a garland around each tree.
- Place candies onto tree and dab the backs with extra white chocolate if needed to make sure it sticks well.
- Optional: place Reese’s upside down on pan and pipe chocolate on it – place tree on top. (This works best with
- smaller trees)
- Allow to set before serving.
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats Recipe:
Rachael Ray 47576 Nonstick Bakeware Set with Grips, Nonstick Cookie Sheets / Baking Sheets – 3 Piece, Gray with Agave Blue GripsReynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper – 60 Square FeetUtopia Kitchen 2 Quart Nonstick Saucepan with Glass Lid – Induction Bottom – Multipurpose Use for Home Kitchen or RestaurantMcCormick Green Food Color, 1 Fl Oz (Pack of 1)Kraft Jet Puffed Mini Marshmallows, 10 Ounce Bag (Pack of 2)Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Breakfast Cereal, Original, Fat-Free, Family Size, 24 oz BoxMerckens Coating Melting Wafers White 5 pounds melting chocolateWeetiee Pastry Piping Bags -100 Pack-12-Inch Disposable Cake Decorating Bags Anti-Burst Cupcake Icing Bags for all Size Tips Couplers and Baking Cookies Candy Supplies Kits – Bonus 2 CouplersOXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-PieceOxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula SetThe Rice Krispies Treats CookbookThe Rice Krispies Treats® Cookbook: Fun Recipes for Making Memories with America’s Favorite Family SnackTreat Yourself!: How to Make 93 Ridiculously Fun No-Bake Crispy Rice Treats
Don’t miss these additional fun Christmas Themed Recipes and Crafts here at When Is Dinner:
- Christmas Tree Brownies
- Reindeer Treat Bags
- Candy Cane Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Peppermint Cupcakes
- Christmas Potpourri with FREE Printable
- Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Snowman
- Christmas Snack Mix
- Christmas Tree Strawberry Bites
- Snowman Cupcakes
- Grinch Fruit Kabobs
- Melted Snowman Water Bottle Labels with FREE Printable
- Reindeer Noses Treat Bags