These Christmas Tree Brownies are adorable, and fun to make with the kids. They can be made from scratch or using a box mix to save time!
Christmas Tree Brownies
I just love how easy it can be to turn food into different themes for various holidays.
The kids love to decorate cookies, brownies, and cakes, to eat at home and to take with us to holiday parties.
Today, I’ll show you how easy it is to turn regular brownies into Christmas Tree Brownies!
Depending on the amount of time I have, I’ll decide if I want to use my Homemade Brownies Recipe from scratch, or if I use a box mix from the Supermarket.
The boxed mixes are often on sale during the holidays, so I stock up.
The kids learned how to make these in their Consumer Sciences class (similar to Home Economics) at school, so it’s great practice for them.
Don’t be intimidated by the Homemade Brownies though, they are still pretty easy to make from scratch 🙂
For this example, we’ll use a boxed mix.
To begin, gather all of your ingredients.
Check the back of the box for what additional items are necessary, it can vary between brands.
Prepare your brownies as directed on the box or recipe you choose to use.
Be sure to line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper before cooking, so it’ll be easy to remove the brownies when they are done.
When a toothpick is inserted and removed clean, you’ll know they are done.
Allow the brownies to cool, and then gently remove from the pan and place onto new, clean parchment paper.
Divide the brownies by cutting a straight line down the center horizontally.
Cut off hard edges and then cut triangles out of each half to create the trees.
My kids LOVE to eat the hard edges, so nothing goes to waste 🙂
Next, in a small bowl, mix food coloring into frosting until you reach your desired shade of green.
Spoon frosting into a piping bag or a sandwich bag with the tip cut off.
Pipe it onto the brownies in a zigzag formation, so it looks like garland on a Christmas Tree.
Now, you can decorate the trees with candies and sprinkles.
Have fun with it, use as much or as little as desired.
When you’re done, enjoy your Christmas Tree Brownies!
They are great to wrap in cellophane for Bake Sales at school, church, social function, or Craft Fairs.
You can also bake the brownies, cut them, and then take the decorating supplies to a school classroom party for a fun kids activity and snack in one!
CHRISTMAS TREE BROWNIES
- 1 box of brownie mix including required oil, water & eggs or your favorite brownie recipe
- 1 cup frosting
- Food coloring any color(s you choose for the garland)
- Candies and/or sprinkles to decorate
- Prepare and bake brownies as directed on box or recipe.
- Allow brownies to cool, and gently remove from the pan and place onto new, clean parchment paper.
- Divide the brownies by cutting a straight line down the center horizontally. Cut off hard edges and then cut triangles out of each half to create the trees.
- In a small bowl, mix food coloring into frosting until you reach desired shade. Spoon frosting into a piping bag or a sandwich bag with the tip cut off.
- Draw garland onto trees.
- Decorate the trees with candies and sprinkles.
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing these Christmas Tree Brownies:
Betty Crocker Delights, Supreme Original Brownie Mix, 16 oz Box (Pack of 8)Wilton Creamy White Decorator Icing,Medium Consistency,4 lb. Tub, Cake Decorating SuppliesMcCormick Green Food Color, 1 Fl Oz (Pack of 1)Wilton Holiday Sprinkles Assortment, 6.8 oz.Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick 8-Inch Square Cake Pans, Set of 2Reynolds Kitchens Non-Stick Parchment Paper – 60 Square FeetOXO 1169600 Good Grips 3-piece Mixing Set, White Bowls Brown Handles, Blue/Green/YellowOxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula Set
Don’t miss these additional Christmas Themed Crafts & Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Candy Cane Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Reindeer Noses Treat Bags
- Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Snowman
- Christmas Potpourri with Printable
- Rudolph Chow Snack Mix
- Christmas Tree Krispie Treats
- Christmas Tree Strawberry Bites
- Reindeer Treat Bags
- Melting Snowman Water Bottle Labels with Printable
- Snowman Cupcakes
- Grinch Fruit Kabobs