This Christmas Snack Mix Recipe is perfect served in a large bowl at a holiday party, or in individual bags with printable toppers for school parties.
Christmas Snack Mix
I really enjoy making different themed chow mixes for each holiday season during the year, and this Christmas Snack Mix AKA Rudolph Chow Mix is perfect for the Christmas season.
It can be served in a large bowl at a holiday party, or in individual bags with printable toppers for school parties.
Before you serve it though, make sure you check to see if anyone has a peanut allergy, since it does contain peanut butter.
You can easily substitute for an alternative, if an allergy is an issue.
It’s delicious, easy to make, and requires no baking, mainly just stirring!
I buy most of the ingredients in bulk at my local warehouse club, because it’s another recipe that’s frequently requested when I’m invited to a holiday event and ask what I can bring.
The quantity can be adjusted to meet your needs, and although we rarely have leftovers, I store any we do have in individual ziploc snack bags for the kids to use as their school snack.
None of them are in Peanut Free Classrooms this year 🙂
To begin, gather all of the ingredients necessary.
In a large bowl add in the 8 Cups of Rice Chex cereal.
In a medium sized glass bowl add in chocolate chips and Peanut Butter.
*Note: If you are dealing with a peanut allergy, substituting for sunbutter, cashew butter, etc is perfectly fine.
Microwave for 1 minute.
Stir the ingredients together until smooth.
If there are still un-melted chocolate chips then microwave for another 15 seconds.
Once PB and chocolate are combined and smooth, poor mixture on top of the cereal.
Stir until all cereal is coated with the chocolate mixture.
Add the powdered sugar and stir until all of the chocolate covered cereal is coated with the sugar.
Add in the candy and pretzels.
Christmas Snack Mix
- ½ C creamy PB
- 1 &1/2 C chocolate chips
- 8 C Rice Chex cereal
- 4-6 C powdered sugar
- A bag or container of red Sixlets or red M&M’s any type of red circle candy
- Handful of Pretzel sticks
- In a large bowl add in the 8 C of Rice Chex cereal. Set aside.
- In a medium sized glass bowl add in chocolate chips and PB.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir the ingredients together until smooth. If there are still un-melted chocolate chips then microwave for another 15 seconds.
- Once PB and chocolate are combined and smooth, poor mixture on top of the cereal.
- Stir until all cereal is coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Add the powdered sugar and stir until all of the chocolate covered cereal is coated with the sugar.
- Add in the candy and pretzels.
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Christmas Snack Mix Recipe:
OXO 1169600 Good Grips 3-piece Mixing Set, White Bowls Brown Handles, Blue/Green/YellowOxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula SetPeter Pan Creamy Peanut Butter, 16.3-Ounce (Pack of 6)Nestle Chocolate Semi-Sweet Morsels – 72 oz. bagRice Chex Cereal, Gluten-Free Cereal, 18 oz BoxDomino Confectioners Sugar 10X Powdered Pure Cane Sugar, 4 LbM&M’s Red Milk Chocolate Candy 1LB BagRold Gold Sticks Pretzels, 16 OunceSnack Mixes: Nut, Popcorn & Cereal Mixes (Southern Cooking Recipes Book 43)Snack Candy Mix Recipes (Candy Recipes Book 18)
Don’t miss these additional delicious Christmas Themed Crafts and Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Christmas Tree Brownies
- Reindeer Treat Bags
- Candy Cane Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Peppermint Cupcakes
- Christmas Potpourri with FREE Printable
- Marshmallow Hot Cocoa Snowman
- Christmas Tree Krispie Treats
- Christmas Tree Strawberry Bites
- Snowman Cupcakes
- Grinch Fruit Kabobs
- Melted Snowman Water Bottle Labels with FREE Printable
- Reindeer Noses Treat Bags