This delicious One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe is delicious, easy to make, Gluten Free, and ready to eat in just 30 minutes!
Many people suffer from an allergy or intolerance to Gluten (a protein found in some wheat products), and for health reasons, need to avoid foods containing Gluten. I am thrilled to announce that I recently found Barilla Gluten Free Pasta on sale at my local BJ’s Wholesale Club! As someone who suffers from food allergies, I know firsthand how important it is to avoid foods that cause an issue. I keep a running list of recipes that I’d like to try, so we grabbed a multi-pack of Barilla Gluten Free Pasta, brought it home, and have made 2 recipes with it so far. I am pleased to share that they were both delicious!
When we entered our local BJ’s Wholesale Club, we were looking for the Pasta Section, and found it on Aisle 25, at the beginning of the aisle. While I am fortunate that my food allergies do not include Gluten, we do have close friends that are intolerant, so I like to know I have some tested and approved recipes in my arsenal that I can safely serve to them when they are guests in our home. I can honestly say that the guys did not notice any difference in this pasta vs the regular kind, the taste and texture are just like regular pasta. This was definitely a dish the entire family enjoyed, they raved about the dish, devoured it all, and aside from the one lunch I packed before letting them have seconds (and thirds), there were no leftovers. They voted this one a “Keeper” to add to our recipe rotation.
The Barilla Gluten Free Pasta section was clearly marked, quite affordable with 4 boxes of pasta per package, and I found a coupon on the BJ’s website to print out before we went shopping to save even more on my purchase.
With three boys ages 10, 12, and 13 to feed, we often buy in bulk, because these boys can EAT! Having Italian heritage, pasta dishes are usually their favorite things to eat. I could probably buy a whole pallet and use it before it expired if I had a place to store it all!
Today, I’ll be sharing the first dish I made using the Barilla Gluten Free Pasta, One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta. Because the boys are so active in many sports, clubs, and organizations, we find ourselves on the go most nights of the week. I try to plan ahead, around their activities, for our meals. I need meals that are quick and easy, and love when I’m able to use just one dish, because it’s less to clean up! Barilla Gluten Free is made with corn and rice. It’s Certified Gluten Free, Non-GMO ingredients and those who must follow a gluten free diet will appreciate that Barilla Gluten Free is produced on dedicated gluten free production lines.
This delicious One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe is delicious, easy to make, Gluten Free, and ready to eat in just 30 minutes! Check out the other Barilla Gluten Free Recipes on Pinterest; I know I have found some great ones there to try!
TIP: Make sure you check the label of EVERY ingredient before you add it, to ensure it says Gluten Free. If you are making this for a friend/family member who must follow a Gluten Free diet, it is important to make sure you don’t accidentally use something that contains Gluten 🙂
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes, I used the kind with Basil & Oregano included
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce, I used the kind with Basil & Oregano included
- 2 c Chicken Broth
- 2 c Water
- 1/4 c Ketchup
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 box Barilla Penne Pasta (I used Gluten Free)
- 3 c Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 3 green onions, diced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Crumble Ground Beef and brown with diced Onion in Dutch Oven or Stockpot (make sure you use one with a lid, you’ll need it later) over medium high heat. I season with a bit of salt and pepper while it’s cooking. Mine was done in about 4 minutes, cooking time may vary according to stove.
- Strain excess fat (I use a small colander over a bowl).
- Pour in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, water, ketchup, mustard, pasta, and 2 c shredded cheese. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to med and let it simmer until pasta is cooked. Mine was al dente around 14 minutes, my crew likes it softer, so I let it cook 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately, and add additional shredded cheese and green onions as desired to each plate.