One Pot Chicken and Vegetable Stew
During the winter, we often enjoy eating hot soups, stews, and chili recipes. At least once a week, I leave one of these in the slow cooker while we’re at a sports practice, so we have a hot & ready meal to enjoy when we get home. I usually prepare this Chicken and Vegetable Stew Recipe in my dutch oven, because I am a big fan of One Pot meals. However, if it’s a crockpot night, I just cook the chicken, then toss it all in the slow cooker on low in the morning, and thicken it later in the day, if needed. It’s a pretty versatile recipe, you can add, subtract, exchange the vegetables to your family’s preferences.
This Chicken and Vegetable Stew Recipe is also DELICIOUS served with Sprite Biscuits. If you haven’t tried them yet, I encourage you to do so soon. They’re SO easy to make using just 4 ingredients!
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ pound baby carrots
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 1 small can green beans
- 4 red potatoes, quartered (peeled or not)
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus small amount for seasoning
- 16 oz Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, plus small amount for seasoning
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- Parsley, if desired
- In a large pot, heat the Olive Oil.
- Season the chicken with salt & pepper.
- Place the chopped chicken breast meat in the hot oil and cook through.
- Place the chopped onion, carrots, celery, green beans and potatoes in the pot with the cooked chicken.
- Cook until softened.
- Add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder to season the vegetables
- Add Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Cook for 1 to 1½ hours on medium low heat.
- If stew is not thick enough for your preference, mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch at a time with a small amount of leftover broth until dissolved, and add it to the stew. I've added up to 3 tbsp of cornstarch if a batch is thinner than I'd like.
- If serving with biscuits, break the biscuits into small bite-sized pieces and put on top of the stew.
- May garnish with parsley, if desired.
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Chicken and Vegetable Stew Recipe:
Food Network 5 1/2 Quart Enamel Cast Iron Dutch OvenCrock-Pot SCCPVL610-S 6-Quart Programmable Cook and Carry Oval Slow Cooker, Digital Timer, Stainless SteelDutis 3-Piece Dishwasher Safe Plastic Cutting Board Set with Non-Slip Feet and Drip Juice Groove, White with Lime GreenJ.A. HENCKELS INTERNATIONAL Classic 8-inch Chef’s KnifeCrockpot 22-ounce Double Handle Soup Bowls, Set of 2 RedStackable Stoneware Bowls Gourmet Basics by Mikasa, Set of 6Friendly Chef Premium Nessie Soup Ladle, Blue, Food-Safe 100% Dishwasher Safe Kitchen Utensil Cookware Loch Ness Monster
Posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but When Is Dinner will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs of running this site. We appreciate your support!