Loaded Baked Potato Salad
During the summer, we tend to grill out practically every night that it isn’t raining!
We tend to eat a potato dish, green vegetable, and sometimes a salad with each meal.
One favorite, is Baked Potato Salad, and it’s great for potlucks or taking to barbecues too!
The best part is that it’s really easy to make, double (or more) if needed, and people always ask for the recipe, so I thought I’d share it here, so it’s easy to point them right to it.
This Loaded Baked Potato Salad Recipe has also become a hit as a side dish at many holiday gatherings, such as Easter Dinner, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Dinner, and Christmas Dinner.
It’s my go to Potato Salad Recipe for all occasions!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST LOADED BAKED POTATO SALAD:
- You can use your choice of potato, but I prefer Russet Baking Potatoes, because, well, it’s BAKED POTATO salad.
- Since the oven is already on, bake your bacon in the oven while you wait for the potatoes to cool down. Just place the bacon on an aluminum foil lined baking tray and cook at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes or until your desired crispness.
- You can substitute chives for the green onions (or leave them out altogether. I have weird allergies, I’m allergic to onions!)
- I use full fat sour cream in this recipe, BUT you can use low fat sour cream or even substitute non-fat Greek yogurt for that added tang.
- You can also add a bit of cream cheese for added twang.
- 2 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes (Any potato you have on hand will work fine)
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Green Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Red Onion, chopped
- ½ lbs. Bacon, cooked crispy chopped
- Black Pepper
Cut the Potatoes into ½ inch cubes, boil until tender, 8-10 minutes.
Drain and rinse with cool water to stop the cooking process.
In a large bowl combine Greek Yogurt, Mayonnaise, Red Onion, ½ of the Shredded Cheese and ½ of the bacon.
Add the Potatoes to the mixture and stir until the Potatoes are evenly coated.
Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
Sprinkle the Green Onion and remaining Cheese and Bacon on top of the potato salad.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 752mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 19g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when I prepare this Loaded Baked Potato Salad Recipe:
Don’t miss these additional delicious Potato Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Potato Salad
- Loaded Ranch Twice Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Philly Cheesesteak Potato Skins
- Homemade Potato Skins
- Crock Pot Potato Soup
- Cheesy Potato Casserole