This quick & easy Oreo Dump Cake Recipe requires just 5 simple ingredients.
Oreo Dump Cake
This Oreo Dump Cake with condensed milk is full of decadent deliciousness!
I’m not on Tik Tok, but I’ve heard that the Tik Tok Oreo Dump Cake Recipe went viral there because it’s SO good and SO easy to make!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spread 20 Oreos in the bottom of a 9×11 baking dish.
Top the Oreos with sweetened condensed milk.
Spread a layer of Cool Whip over the top.
Sprinkle the cake mix in the pan in an even layer.
Place the butter slices on top.
Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
Place the remaining Oreos in a bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Sprinkle the crushed Oreos over the top of the cake and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Don’t miss my additional Dump Cake Recipe: Pumpkin Apple Dump Cake.
What is a dump cake?
A Dump Cake is a very easy dessert that’s a cross between a cake and a cobbler. Its name is literal because all the ingredients are literally dumped into a 9×13 baking dish.
IMPORTANT! DO NOT make the cake mix according to the directions on the box! It just doesn’t turn out correct for a dump cake.
What can I add to a dump cake?
In short, pretty much anything edible. You can really get creative and experiment with dump cakes!
- Crushed Oreo’s or any other cookie – Chips Ahoy & Nutter Butters are great, too!
- Serve warm & top with Vanilla ice cream
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate Chips or any other chips (mint, peanut butter, etc)
- M&M’s, Reese’s Pieces, Hershey Kisses, etc.
- Caramel sauce
- warm chocolate syrup
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups or any other candy bar
What cake mix can I use in Oreo dump cake?
For an Oreo cake mix, devil’s food or chocolate work best, in my opinion. However, you could go with white, vanilla, or yellow if you want less chocolate.
The best thing about a dump cake is you can easily use any flavor cake mix to make a different dump cake. Add fruits, other candies, nuts, cookies, etc. Change things up for holidays, special occasions, birthdays, or just for fun!
- Valentine’s Day: Use red velvet cake, traditional Oreos or birthday cake Oreos, and Valentine’s M&Ms.
- St Patrick’s Day: Use mint chocolate Oreo cookies with white cake mix.
- Easter: Use a carrot cake with carrot cake Oreos or birthday cake Oreos and Easter M&Ms.
- Patriotic: Use blueberries with white cake mix & top with sliced strawberries
- Halloween: Use pumpkin spice cake mix with orange Halloween Oreos.
- Christmas: Use white cake mix with peppermint Oreos and red and green M&Ms.
How to Serve a Dump Cake:
Dump cakes are best when served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, as recommended by my entire family!
How to Store a Dump Cake:
Allow the cake to cool.
Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
For longer storage, you can freeze it for up to three months in an air-tight, freezer-safe container. Be sure to CLEARLY label & date!
Reheating a Dump Cake:
Place it in a microwave-safe dish and microwave for 30 seconds at a time until it reaches your desired temperature.
Use 30-second increments so you don’t overheat it, it will get tough.
- 25 Oreo cookies
- 1 15-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8-ounce package Cool Whip
- 1 15.25 ounce box chocolate cake mix
- ¾ cup butter, cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread 20 Oreos in the bottom of a 9x11 baking dish.
- Top the Oreos with sweetened condensed milk
- Spread a layer of Cool Whip over the top.
- Sprinkle the cake mix in the pan in an even layer
- Place the butter slices on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- Place the remaining Oreos in a bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle the crushed Oreos over the top of the cake and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 692Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 654mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 2gSugar: 66gProtein: 8g