This simple and easy Cookies and Cream Popcorn Recipe is delicious and the perfect blend of sweet and salty flavors! Requiring only 4 ingredients, including your favorite cookie, and ready in under 15 minutes, it’s a great snack any day of the week!
Cookies and Cream Popcorn
January 19 is National Popcorn Day, so what better time to share with you this delicious Oreo popcorn recipe for Cookies and Cream Popcorn.
This sweet and salty mixture will make you want to hoard all the popcorn! It’s so delicious, you will eat it all if you don’t have some help devouring it!
With this easy cookies and cream popcorn recipe I show you how simple it is to make at home. So don’t worry if it disappears very quickly, and everyone wants another batch, it can be made in minutes.
Oreo cookies and cream popcorn make a great games night snack. Or take some along to parties, potlucks or other family gatherings as it stores well, and can be easily doubled up if you are feeding a crowd.
How to make cookies and cream popcorn:
- To begin, pop 10 cups of your favorite popcorn.
- You can choose your favorite microwave popcorn, use a Hot Air Popper, or make it the old fashioned way using a stove-top popper.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread popped popcorn over it.
- Chop almond bark into smaller pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl with the coconut oil.
- Heat mixture in 15 second intervals until softened.
- Drizzle the softened bark over the popcorn with a teaspoon.
- Immediately sprinkle the crushed cookies over the popcorn.
- Allow to set for 5 minutes and enjoy.
Cookies and Cream Popcorn ingredients:
- POPCORN: You will need 10 cups of popped corn for this recipe. Choose your favorite microwave popcorn, use a Hot Air Popper, or make it the old fashioned way using a stove-top popper.
- ALMOND BARK: I flavor the corn with white almond bark.
- OIL: I use coconut oil as I find it has the best flavor for popcorn.
- COOKIES: You will need crushed black and white cookies. I use Oreo’s, but any other brand will work as well.
Flavor variations & substitutions:
- If you can find white almond bark, a good substitution would be white chocolate, or white chocolate chips. You may just need to add a little extra coconut oil.
- Swap the coconut oil for almond oil, avocado oil and another light flavored oil.
- I’ve used black and white Oreo Cookies to make my cookies and cream popcorn, but feel free to use any variety of cookie. If you prefer a chocolate chip or peanut cookie, those would work great too.
Recipe hints & tips:
- The easiest way to crush the Oreo cookies is to place them into a Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper, this will stop the ingredients from stick to the tray.
- Double or treble the recipe if you are feeding a crowd.
- Store leftover Cookies and Cream Popcorn in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Don’t miss these additional delicious Oreo Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Oreo Acorns
- Oreo Brownies
- Oreo Cool Whip Pie
- Mint Oreo Cookie Bars
- Cookies and Cream Mini Trifles
- Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 8 ounces white almond bark
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 10 crushed black and white cookies I use Oreos, any other brand will work as well
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 296mgCarbohydrates: 81gFiber: 4gSugar: 45gProtein: 11g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Cookies and Cream Popcorn Recipe:
Pop-Secret Popcorn, Butter, 3.2oz, 6-CountHamilton Beach 73400 Hot Air Popcorn PopperGreat Northern Popcorn Original Stainless Steel Stove Top 6-1/2-Quart Popcorn PopperReynolds Cookie Baking Sheets Parchment Paper (Non-Stick, 22 Sheets)Rachael Ray Oven Lovin’ Nonstick Bakeware 3-Piece Baking and Cookie Pan SetPlymouth Pantry Almond Bark Vanilla Baking Bar, 24 ozRetro Style Popcorn Bowl Large Plastic Container, Reusable Tub Movie Theater BucketPlastic Popcorn Containers – Set of 4Wabash Valley Farms Fun Time Popcorn Bowl, YellowMajestic Pure Fractionated Coconut Oil, 16 Oz