Taco Pasta Bake
My family loves Tacos, and Pasta, so I thought that combining the two into a Taco Pasta Bake would be a huge hit, and it was!
First, I browned just over a pound of ground beef. The amount doesn’t have to be exact, my local store never sells exactly one pound. This one was probably closer to 1.25 pounds. After the beef is browned, strain the excess grease out.
Next, put the strained meat back into the skillet and use a taco seasoning packet and 3/4 cup of water to season the meat. Let it cook until the seasoning is absorbed and the water has cooked out.
Add the Cream Cheese until it is mixed through.
Meanwhile, Cook your pasta, and when it is done and has been drained, pour it into your baking dish.
I used a 9×9 pan. Add your shredded cheese on top.
Add the beef mixture, and stir it all up so it’s mixed well. Then bake uncovered at 35o for about 30 minutes.
I had some extra cheese left, so when I pulled it out of the oven, I sprinkled it on top and let it melt before serving.
I plated it and served it to my family. They loved every last bite, and in fact, there were NO leftovers for lunch the next day!
Taco Pasta Bake
- 1 box Penne Pasta or ziti
- About 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 envelope Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 oz Cream Cheese about 1/2 box
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese. Can divide or add extra according to your preference
- Brown your Ground Beef.
- When it's done, strain the grease out.
- Return the beef to the skillet and use a taco seasoning packet and 3/4 cup of water to season the meat.
- Let it cook until the seasoning is absorbed and the water has cooked out.
- Add the Cream Cheese until it is mixed through.
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- When it is done and has been drained, pour it into your baking dish.
- Add your shredded cheese on top.
- Add the beef mixture, and stir it all up so it's mixed well.
- Then bake uncovered at 350 for about 30 minutes.
- When it's done, you can add any leftover Shredded Cheddar to the top, if desired.
Here are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen, when preparing this Taco Pasta Bake Recipe:
Anchor Hocking 8-InchSquare Glass Baking Dish with Teal TrueFit LidCuisinart 733-30H Chef’s Classic Stainless 5-1/2-Quart Saute Pan with Helper Handle and CoverOXO Good Grips Ground Meat ChopperStainless Steel Colander With Handle and Legs, Large Metal Green Strainer for Pasta, Spaghetti, Berry, Veggies, Fruits, Noodles, Salads, 5-quart 10.5OXO Good Grips Box GraterMexican Made Easy: Everyday Ingredients, Extraordinary FlavorThe Taco Tuesday Cookbook: 52 Tasty Taco Recipes to Make Every Week the Best EverThe Pasta Friday Cookbook: Let’s Eat TogetherOne-Pot Pasta Cookbook: 65 Super Easy Recipes for One-and-Done Meals
Here are a few related recipes you won’t want to miss!