Mediterranean Tuna Salad: standard mayo is replaced with a healthy dressing that includes Greek yogurt. This salad is full of flavor, healthy fats and is delicious added to a big green salad (or by itself!).
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Tuna Salad is a delicious and easy to make meal, perfect for lunch or a healthy snack. By replacing traditional mayonnaise with greek yogurt, it lightens up the calories. I love adding it to salads to increase the protein and bulk it up, or eating it as is for a low carb lunch option.
Mediterranean Tuna Salad Ingredients
Add drained tuna, garbanzo beans, cherry tomatoes, avocado, black olives, cucumber and fresh parsley to a large bowl.
Stir to combine.
Add Greek yogurt, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
Pour the yogurt sauce into the tuna mixture and stir to completely coat the ingredients.
Season with salt and garlic pepper, taste and add more as needed. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve chilled.
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- 2 5 oz. cans Solid White Albacore Tuna in water drained
- ½ cup garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- ½ avocado chopped
- ¼ cup black olives quartered
- ½ cup cucumber seeds removed, cubed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped (+ extra for garnish)
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Himalayan pink salt
- Garlic pepper
- Add drained tuna, garbanzo beans, cherry tomatoes, avocado, black olives, cucumber and fresh parsley to a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add Greek yogurt, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the yogurt sauce into the tuna mixture and stir to completely coat the ingredients.
- Season with salt and garlic pepper, taste and add more as needed.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve chilled.
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Mediterranean Tuna Salad Recipe:
Prepworks by Progressive Can Colander , GT-3973 Can Strainer, Vegetable and Fruit Can Strainer, No-Mess Tuna Can Strainer , Best for Canned TunaPyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon WhiskTuna Fish Salad Recipes: Cookbook for Tuna Fish Salad Sandwiches, Bowls and Wraps (Volume 1)The 50 Most Delicious Canned Tuna Recipes (Recipe Top 50’s Book 40)Salads That Inspire: A Cookbook of Creative Salads
Don’t miss these additional delicious Salad Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Potato Salad
- Creamy Bacon Parmesan Pasta Salad
- Southwest Spicy Chicken Salad
- Caesar Salad Bacon Cups
- Apple & Pear Salad
- BLT Salad
- Egg Salad
- Lemon Basil Orzo
- Easy Peasy Pea Salad