Caesar Salad Bacon Cups are simple to prepare and delicious to eat! Shape the bacon into cup shapes, bake in the oven and fill with your favorite Caesar salad for the tastiest lunch or light dinner dish.
Caesar Salad Bacon Cups
If you are a fan of crisp and crunchy Caesar salad, and also like bacon (and let’s face it who doesn’t?), then you are going to love my Easy Caesar Salad Bacon Cups.
These easy to make Caesar Salad Bacon Cups are perfect for lunch, a busy weeknight dinner or even as an appetizer at a cookout, BBQ, potluck, or any other gathering.
Bacon is shaped and baked until crispy before being filled with a crunchy Caesar salad and topped with croutons and some shredded Parmesan cheese.
We often have guests on the Keto, Gluten Free, or Paleo diet plan – or those who are just looking for lower carb options, and these Mini Caesar Salad cups are a great choice.
Just be to sure to use Salad Dressing that fits the criteria. Also eliminate the croutons for gluten free diners or make homemade croutons using Gluten Free Bread. Check our my BLT Salad Recipe for directions on making Homemade Croutons.
How to make Bacon Cups:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a standard cupcake pan, turn upside down and cover the back side of it with foil.
- Cut 6 pieces of bacon in half and layer 2 pieces in an X shape over each tin (see above).
- Take a whole piece of bacon and wrap around each tin. You can weave it under and over the other pieces.
- Make sure the two ends meet and overlap under one of the half pieces that is hanging down over the side of the tin.
- Place the tray into the hot oven and bake for about 15-18 minutes, or until bacon is cooked through.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let rest for about 15 minutes so the bacon hardens and the cups won’t collapse when you remove them from the pan.
- Once cool, gently remove each bacon cup from the pan and place them right side up on a platter. They will look like little cups.
- Now it’s time to prepare the filling so gather together the remaining salad ingredients.
- Place the salad into a bowl and gently toss together to combine.
- Fill each bacon cup with the salad mix.
- Serve immediately.
Caesar Salad Bacon Cups ingredients and flavor variations:
- BACON: I use one pack of Center Cut Bacon as the long strips work best when creating the bacon shaped cups.
- GREENS: I like Romaine Lettuce Mix as it has great crunch and texture and it what is traditionally used in a Caesar salad. However, you can substitute with other lettuce if you prefer.
- SALAD DRESSING: for ease I use a store bought, ready made Caesar salad dressing.
- CHEESE: I recommend shredded Parmesan Cheese as it adds great flavor. However, you could also use pecorino romano or grano padano which are similar style cheeses.
- CROUTONS: for ease I have used a store bought pack of ready to eat Croutons. However, you can also make your own croutons by sauteing some cubes of crusty bread in a little oil until crunchy.
Once the bacon cups have been made, they can be filled with pretty much anything. Here are some simple ideas to vary things up:
- Add leftover shredded roast chicken to make a Chicken & Bacon Caesar Salad Cups.
- Make a Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad Cup by mixing shredded leftover chicken with bacon and adding a ranch dressing and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Mix together an egg salad filling flavored with green onions for Egg and Bacon Cups.
These delicious mini salad bacon cups make a great tasting lunch or light dinner dish. However, they also work as an appetizer or side dish. Perfect if you have family and friends coming over for food or a family BBQ, or for taking along to any pot luck dinner.
- Make the bacon cups earlier in the day and store them in an airtight containers. Then fill with salad when you are ready to enjoy.
- This recipe can be easily doubled up if you are feeding a crowd.
Try these other great tasting recipes using bacon here at When is Dinner:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Poppers
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad
- Cajun Bacon Wrapped Sausages
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenderloins
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Creamy Bacon Parmesan Pasta Salad
- Bacon Cheddar Ranch Potato Salad
- 1 pkg. Center Cut Bacon
- 1 pkg. Romaine Lettuce Mix
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Parmesan Cheese Shredded and Grated
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 68Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing these Caesar Salad Bacon Cups:
AmazonBasics Nonstick Carbon Steel Muffin Pan – 2-PackReynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil – 200 Square FeetOXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-PieceBacon Freak: 50 Savory Recipes for the Ultimate EnthusiastBacon & Butter: The Ultimate Ketogenic Diet Cookbook101 Things to Do with BaconBacon Cookbook: 150 Easy Bacon Recipes