This simple & easy Ground Turkey Meatloaf Recipe is a delicious, healthy main dish that takes just 10 minutes to prepare!
Ground Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
I’ve been working on making some healthier options of classic recipes that we enjoy in our family, and this Ground Turkey Meatloaf Recipe was a hit!
My family voted this the Best Turkey Meatloaf of all the versions we tested.
I have a son going away to college in the fall, and he decided that this Easy Turkey Meatloaf is one he’d feel comfortable preparing in the kitchen of his dorm hall, when he wants some comfort food instead of cafeteria food.
Follow along below as I walk you through the steps to learn how easy it is to prepare a Healthy Turkey Meatloaf!
How to Make Turkey Meatloaf:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
Add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent, around five minutes.
Transfer the onions and garlic to a large bowl with the ground turkey, crushed crackers, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Work the ingredients together with your hands until well combined.
Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared pan and form into a loaf shape.
Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Combine the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
When the cook time is up, remove the meatloaf from the oven and cover with sauce.
Return the loaf to the oven to cook for an additional 30 minutes.
When the meatloaf is cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to stand for five minutes before slicing and serving.
How do you keep turkey meatloaf from falling apart?
Do you bake meatloaf uncovered?
What temperature do you cook turkey meatloaf to?
Meatloaf Substitutions, additions, etc.:
- This can be made with Ground Chicken or lean ground beef
- Substitute spaghetti sauce if you don’t have ketchup on hand. I’ve also used tomato sauce, but I season it with various spices so it’s not too plain.
- Add some BBQ sauce with the ketchup for extra flavor
- Add in some shredded zucchini, mushrooms, diced peppers, diced celery, or shredded carrots for extra nutrition
- To spice it up, add some hot sauce, diced jalapenos, or red pepper flakes.
- My friend calculated this at 3 Weight Watchers Points, but I’m not on WW so I can’t verify or say which plan this fits into best.
- Add extra spices and seasonings to your taste preference (basil, oregano, cilantro, Italian seasoning, paprika, etc.) A reader suggested just a small dash of cinnamon, but I’ve not tried that.
- Add some cheese! Parmesan and Mozzarella have worked well for us.
What to serve with Turkey Meatloaf:
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Roasted Green Beans
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole
- Sprite Biscuits
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- ½ cup crushed buttery crackers (Ritz)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent, around five minutes.
- Transfer the onions and garlic to a large bowl with the ground turkey, crushed crackers, egg, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Work the ingredients together with your hands until well combined.
- Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared pan and form into a loaf shape.
- Place in the preheated oven
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- When the cook time is up, remove the meatloaf from the oven and
cover with sauce.
- Return the loaf to the oven to cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- When the meatloaf is cooked through, remove from the oven and allow to stand for five minutes before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 526mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 30g
How to store leftover Turkey Meatloaf:
Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to freeze turkey meatloaf:
Meatloaf does well when frozen, whether one makes too many for the size of your family or you’re preparing two at once to have a second one to use as a freezer meal later.
To freeze uncooked, wrap tightly in freezer paper, then place in a freezer safe container that has been labeled with the contents & date, and freeze for up to 3 months.
To freeze baked meatloaf, allow to cool, slice, then place in freezer safe containers that have been clearly labeled with the contents and date, and freeze up to 3 months.
How to reheat Turkey Meatloaf:
To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator the overnight, then microwave in 30 second increments until heated through.