5 ingredient Oven Baked Ranch Pork Chops is a quick and easy, budget friendly sheet pan meal that is sure to become a family favorite meal!
Oven Baked Ranch Pork Chops
These oven baked ranch pork chops are so easy to assemble and prep in just a few minutes, making them ideal for a busy weeknight dinner.
This baked pork chops recipe requires just 5 ingredients and about 45 minutes to bake.
My kids have declared this to be the Best Ranch Pork Chops With Potatoes Recipe!
Oven Baked Ranch Pork Chops Ingredients
1 lb Boneless Pork Chops
3 White Potatoes Sliced
8 oz Asparagus (or other vegetable of your choice)
1/2 Cup (1 stick) Melted Butter
1 oz Packet Dry Ranch Seasoning (it’s about 2 teaspoons)
What is a safe temperature for ranch baked pork chops?
When baking pork chops that are boneless, you want to make sure the internal temperature reaches 145ºF-160ºF, as measured with a food thermometer.
The cooking time for baked pork chops is going to vary according to the thickness of your pork chops.
Bone In recipes for oven baked pork chops will take longer to reach a safe consumption internal temperature.
You do not need to cover the pork chops will foil for this recipe, as you bake in your oven.
What Is A Sheet Pan Dinner?
Sheet Pan Ranch Pork Chops are so easy to make because sheet pan dinners only require you to season the meat and potatoes, toss on a sheet pan, then pop in the oven to bake!
I prepared this with asparagus that only requires 10 minutes to bake, so I remove the pan and add them 10 minutes before the pork chops are done. You can easily substitute the vegetable of your choice!
To make clean up easier, you can cover the top of the sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray it with non-stick cooking spray. After you eat, remove the foil and the pan will be a cinch to clean and put away!
Tips For Preparing Boneless Baked Pork Chop Recipes:
- I am VERY cautious anytime I cook pork or chicken and I ALWAYS use a food thermometer to ensure it’s at a safe temperature before serving. The thickness of pork chops will affect the baking time, so check thin cuts earlier and thicker cuts later.
- If you’re not familiar with preparing pork chops, ask your local butcher which cuts and thickness they recommend for your method of preparation.
- I prefer to use Yukon gold potatoes, but other varieties will work just fine, too. In today’s examples, I used white potatoes, because that’s what my local grocery store had in stock. I quartered them and cooked them as instructed below.
- If you don’t have dry ranch seasoning on hand, 2 teaspoons of ranch dressing from a bottle will work also. You could also make and use homemade ranch dressing mix.
Other Methods To Make Baked Pork Chops And Potatoes
Grilled pork chops and potatoes
Season as instructed in the recipe, Then, grill your pork chops for about 4 minutes on each side. Again, check the internal temperature with a food thermometer and adjust cook times as needed according to the thickness of the pork chops. Potatoes can be prepped as instructed, then wrapped in a packet made out of aluminum foil then grilled for about 25-30 minutes until fork tender.
Slow Cooker pork chops with ranch dressing:
Gather the same ingredients listed in the recipe. Place the pork chops (they can be frozen, or unthawed) in the slow cooker, pour ranch seasoning over the top, then butter slices on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. You can add cream of x (chicken, mushroom, etc) in also, to make a creamier gravy.
Cast Iron Skillet pork chop and potatoes:
Season both sides of the pork chops with dry ranch seasoning mix. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil or butter in cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add pork chops and sear until browned and crispy, about 3 minutes per side. Reduce heat to medium and cook about 4-6 additional minutes per side until a food thermometer reads 145 degrees. Let rest about 5 minutes after cooking so the meat retains moisture.
What To Serve With Baked Pork Chops
With this recipe for boneless pork chops baked in the oven, it’s SO EASY to just add some veggies to the pan to cook with the pork chops. I used potatoes and asparagus, but other vegetables can easily be substituted. Green beans, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, broccoli, brussel sprouts, zucchini, etc would also work great.
- 1 lb Boneless Pork Chops
- 3 White Potatoes Sliced
- 8 oz Asparagus
- 1/2 Cup (1 stick) Melted Butter
- 1 oz Packet Ranch Seasoning (it’s about 2 teaspoons)
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Lay the pork chops & potatoes onto the sheet Pan.
- Coat with butter.
- Place sheet pan in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place asparagus on the sheet pan.
- Coat everything in butter.
- Sprinkle with the ranch seasoning and place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
If you’ve tried this Oven Baked Pork Chops Recipe or any other recipe on When Is Dinner, please take a moment to give this easy recipe a five star review and help me by sharing with your friends on facebook, twitter, and pinterest! Don't forget to leave a comment letting me know how you liked it or any changes you made to personalize it!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 850Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 1356mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 9gSugar: 7gProtein: 72g
How to store leftover Oven Baked Ranch Pork Chops:
Store leftovers in an airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can also freeze leftover pork chops in an airtight, freezer safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Be sure to clearly LABEL AND DATE the leftovers before placing in the freezer.
When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat in the microwave, oven, or on the stovetop until desired temperature is reached.