- 1 box of chocolate cake mix any brand + boxed cake mix ingredients
- 1 tub of chocolate frosting
- large package of Reese's Pieces candies
- 24 mini Reese's Pieces peanut butter cups
- 48 small candy eyes
- Red fondant
- Small paring knife
- 24 cupcake liners
- Preheat the oven according to the cake mix directions.
- Combine cake mix ingredients.
- Line (2) 12 count muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Fill each muffin well 1/2 way with cupcake batter.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Remove from the oven and let the cupcakes cool completely prior to decorating.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled, generously frost each one with chocolate frosting.
- After frosting the cupcakes stand 7 yellow Reese's Pieces on the back edge of the cupcake, then 4 brown Reese's Pieces and finally 3 orange Reese's Pieces.
- Gently press them into the frosting so they stand up looking like the turkey's feathers.
- Next, unwrap a mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and place it on the cupcake for the turkey's head.
- Give the turkey 2 small candy eyes, using a bit chocolate frosting on the end of a toothpick.
- Use the small paring knife to carefully cute 12 orange Reese's Pieces in 1/2.
- Use a small bit of chocolate frosting on the flat side to adhere the turkey's beak.
- Lastly, roll a small amount of red fondant between your fingers and adhere with chocolate frosting next to the turkey's beak.
- Repeat with all cupcakes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 657Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 531mgCarbohydrates: 96gFiber: 3gSugar: 72gProtein: 10g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when creating these adorable Turkey Cupcakes:
Wilton 710-2304 W7102-04 Decorator Preferred Fondant 24oz, 24 ounce, RedREESE’S PIECES Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy, 48 Ounce BagReese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Candy, Miniatures, Party BagWilton Halloween Assorted Candy Eyeballs Set, 3-PacksWilton Elegance Cupcake Liners, 150-CountAutumn Baking Cupcake Liners 150 CT WiltonJetec 10 Pieces Thanksgiving Turkey Craft Paper Turkey with 60 Pieces Colorful Feathers and Dot Glues for Thanksgiving Party Craft ActivitiesCraft Kits Thanksgiving & Autumn | Peanuts Be Thankful Picture Frame Magnet Kit, Foam Cornucopia Door Sign Kit, Turkey Making Kit &Pinecone And Foam Turkey Craft Kit (Makes 12)Gobble Gobble Mad LibsMake-A-Turkey Stickers Thanksgiving Party Games/Favors/Supplies – Set Of 20Fancy Land Thanksgiving Bingo Game 24 Players for Kids Holiday Party Craft SuppliesColonel Pickles Novelties Make A Turkey Sticker Kits Halloween Thanksgiving Fall Crafts KidsThanksgiving Adult Coloring Book: 32 Thanksgiving Holiday Designs Coloring Pages (Adult Coloring Books)
Don’t miss these additional fun Fall Crafts & Treats here at When Is Dinner:
- Turkey Popcorn Treat Bags
- Scarecrow Pudding Cups
- Apple Craft for Kids
- Scarecrow Treat Bags
- Pumpkin Spice Playdough
- Oreo Acorns