Instant Pot Chicken Wings
These Instant Pot Chicken Wings with BBQ Sauce are Keto Friendly!
My guys go crazy over Chicken Wings.
I purchase them in 8 lb bags, frozen, from Sam’s Club.
I divide the bag in half, so we get 2 meals from one bag.
We prepare them many different ways.
Sometimes I bake them in the oven, sometimes we BBQ on the grill, sometimes we smoke them on the pellet smoker, and I just perfected cooking them in the Instant Pot!
I’m also sharing the recipe I used for Homemade Barbeque Sauce.
You can use that recipe OR your favorite bottled BBQ Sauce.
To begin, gather the ingredients needed for the Homemade Barbeque Sauce.
I find they incorporate better when you slowly add them to the mixing bowl one at a time.
Slowly stir and combine all ingredients for the Homemade Barbeque Sauce.
Set to the side until the Instant Pot Chicken Wings are ready to receive the sauce.
Add 1 cups of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
Place chicken in a steamer basket over the water, or on the trivet.
Mix ingredients for bbq sauce in a bowl, and then pour over chicken to coat the chicken legs.
Close lid and set for a manual high-pressure cooking time of 10 minutes.
Allow for a natural pressure release for an additional 10 minutes when the cooking time has finished.
Vent any remaining pressure.
Transfer chicken legs to a baking sheet and cover with additional sauce, if desired.
Set broiler to hi.
Broil on high for 5 minutes to finish the chicken legs off.
This is an optional step, but will crisp up the skin.
- 4 pounds chicken legs
- 1 cup tomato passata
- ½ cup yellow onion minced
- 1 tablespoon Monk Fruit in the Raw
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
- Pinch red pepper flakes optional
- Add 1 cups of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Place chicken in a steamer basket over the water, or on the trivet.
- Mix ingredients for bbq sauce in a bowl, and then pour over chicken to coat the chicken legs.
- Close lid and set for a manual high-pressure cooking time of 10 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release for an additional 10 minutes when the cooking time has finished.
- Vent any remaining pressure.
- Transfer chicken legs to a baking sheet and cover with additional sauce, if desired.
- Set broiler to high.
- Broil on high for 5 minutes to finish the chicken legs off.
- This is an optional step.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 288mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 55g
These are a few items I find helpful when preparing these Instant Pot Keto BBQ Chicken Wings in my own kitchen:
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerThe Original Sturdy Steamer Basket for 6 or 8 Quart Pressure Cooker, 304 Stainless Steel Steamer Insert with Silicone Covered HandleGood Cook Set Of 3 Non-Stick Cookie SheetTheKeto Instant Pot: 130+ Healthy Low-Carb Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker or Slow CookerThe Keto Instant Pot Cookbook: Ketogenic Diet Pressure Cooker Recipes Made Easy and Fast600 Keto Diet Instant Pot Cookbook #2019: 5 Ingredients Keto Diet Recipes, Keto Instant Pot Recipes with 21-Day Meal Plan for Your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (Upgraded Edition)Keto Instant Pot Cookbook: 500 Inspirational Ketogenic Recipes for Weight Loss. Ultimate Pressure Cooker Keto Diet Cookbook for Beginners and ProsThe Family-Friendly Keto Instant Pot Cookbook: Delicious, Low-Carb Meals You Can Have On the Table Quickly & Easily
Don’t miss these additional delicious Keto Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Keto Chinese Chicken Salad
- Keto Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
- Keto Bell Pepper Meatball Subs
- Keto Cheese Shell Taco Cups
- Keto Skillet Pizza