Instant Pot Chicken Wings
These Instant Pot Chicken Wings with BBQ Sauce are Keto Friendly!
My guys go crazy over Chicken Wings.
I purchase them in 8 lb bags, frozen, from Sam’s Club.
I divide the bag in half, so we get 2 meals from one bag.
We prepare them many different ways.
Sometimes I bake them in the oven, sometimes we BBQ on the grill, sometimes we smoke them on the pellet smoker, and I just perfected cooking them in the Instant Pot!
I’m also sharing the recipe I used for Homemade Barbeque Sauce.
You can use that recipe OR your favorite bottled BBQ Sauce.
If you love these, don’t miss this recipe for Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings!
To begin, gather the ingredients needed for the Homemade Barbeque Sauce.
I find they incorporate better when you slowly add them to the mixing bowl one at a time.
Slowly stir and combine all ingredients for the Homemade Barbeque Sauce.
Set to the side until the Instant Pot Chicken Wings are ready to receive the sauce.
Add 1 cups of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
Place chicken in a steamer basket over the water, or on the trivet.
Mix ingredients for bbq sauce in a bowl, and then pour over chicken to coat the chicken legs.
Close lid and set for a manual high-pressure cooking time of 10 minutes.
Allow for a natural pressure release for an additional 10 minutes when the cooking time has finished.
Vent any remaining pressure.
Transfer chicken legs to a baking sheet and cover with additional sauce, if desired.
Set broiler to hi.
Broil on high for 5 minutes to finish the chicken legs off.
This is an optional step, but will crisp up the skin.
- 4 pounds chicken legs
- 1 cup tomato passata
- ½ cup yellow onion minced
- 1 tablespoon Monk Fruit in the Raw
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
- Pinch red pepper flakes optional
- Add 1 cups of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Place chicken in a steamer basket over the water, or on the trivet.
- Mix ingredients for bbq sauce in a bowl, and then pour over chicken to coat the chicken legs.
- Close lid and set for a manual high-pressure cooking time of 10 minutes. Allow for a natural pressure release for an additional 10 minutes when the cooking time has finished.
- Vent any remaining pressure.
- Transfer chicken legs to a baking sheet and cover with additional sauce, if desired.
- Set broiler to high.
- Broil on high for 5 minutes to finish the chicken legs off.
- This is an optional step.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 432Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 288mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 55g
These are a few items I find helpful when preparing these Instant Pot Keto BBQ Chicken Wings in my own kitchen:
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerThe Original Sturdy Steamer Basket for 6 or 8 Quart Pressure Cooker, 304 Stainless Steel Steamer Insert with Silicone Covered HandleGood Cook Set Of 3 Non-Stick Cookie SheetTheKeto Instant Pot: 130+ Healthy Low-Carb Recipes for Your Electric Pressure Cooker or Slow CookerThe Keto Instant Pot Cookbook: Ketogenic Diet Pressure Cooker Recipes Made Easy and Fast600 Keto Diet Instant Pot Cookbook #2019: 5 Ingredients Keto Diet Recipes, Keto Instant Pot Recipes with 21-Day Meal Plan for Your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker (Upgraded Edition)Keto Instant Pot Cookbook: 500 Inspirational Ketogenic Recipes for Weight Loss. Ultimate Pressure Cooker Keto Diet Cookbook for Beginners and ProsThe Family-Friendly Keto Instant Pot Cookbook: Delicious, Low-Carb Meals You Can Have On the Table Quickly & Easily
Don’t miss these additional delicious Keto Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Keto Chinese Chicken Salad
- Keto Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
- Keto Bell Pepper Meatball Subs
- Keto Cheese Shell Taco Cups
- Keto Skillet Pizza