These Chocolate Mint Brownies are full of fudgy deliciousness. Topped with Chocolate Ganache and Andes Mint Chocolate Candies, you won’t want to miss trying these!
Chocolate Mint Brownies
Making Homemade Brownies isn’t as hard or as intimidating as it may seem. You can use the Brownie Recipe I’ve included down below, my prior recipe linked earlier at the beginning of this paragraph, or even substitute a boxed mix of your preference to make these delicious Chocolate Mint Brownies.
I often get asked about choosing semi sweet chocolate or milk chocolate for various recipes. It is my preference to use semi sweet chocolate for mint brownies, but milk chocolate would be just fine if you want a sweeter brownie. I RARELY use unsweetened, bittersweet, or dark chocolate, but that’s really just our taste preference. No one in my house likes it, so we just don’t use it. If you DO enjoy it, feel free to use it!
Cakey Brownies vs Fudgier Brownies: You can use a bit more flour to get a more cake-like brownie. You can use less flour to get a fudgier brownie. Same with eggs. 2 eggs makes them fudgier. 3 eggs makes them cakier. Personally, I prefer my brownies on the fudgy side. Nick prefers Cakier brownies. The kids don’t care. They all just love brownies!
When it comes to baking, frosting, toppings, added candy, etc. Feel free to experiment and get creative! We’ve discovered some of our favorite desserts just by someone saying, “I wonder what it would taste like if we mixed X with Y” The basic ingredients are pretty inexpensive, so it’s not a huge loss if something doesn’t turn out just like you thought. Just take notes as you go along so you can identify what works, what didn’t, and what you’d like to change for next time. The result is typically a family favorite dessert that everyone loves and frequently asks for!
- Brownie Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Andes mints
- Ganache Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- For the garnish:
- 1 cup Andes mint bits
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease and line a 9" x 9" baking dish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, combine the cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder.
- Stir until mixed.
- Add half of the dry ingredients into the butter-sugar mixture, beat well, then add remaining half.
- Fold in 1 cup Andes mints and then fold the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the center is firm to the touch and the edges are crisp and pull away from the edges of the pan.
- Place milk, butter and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir frequently until the mixture is completely incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract and chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and pour over the brownies.
- Sprinkle the remaining Andes mints over the wet ganache - you may need to press it into the ganache a bit.
- Let set fully before cutting and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 595Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 380mgCarbohydrates: 77gFiber: 3gSugar: 65gProtein: 6g
These are a few items I find helpful when preparing these Chocolate Mint Brownies in my own kitchen:
OXO 1169600 Good Grips 3-Piece Mixing Set, White Bowls with Blue/Green/Brown Handles, YellowOxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula SetWilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9-Inch Square Baking Pan with Lid, Set of 2OXO Good Grips Plastic Brownie Spatula for Non-stick Pans, BlackNon Stick Brownie Pans with Dividers, Diveded Brownie Pan, Make of High Carbon Steel,Size 12 x 8 x 2 inchesKitchenAid KHM7210CU 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk – Contour SilverCalphalon Classic Nonstick Sauce Pan with Cover, 1.5 quart, GreyOXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon WhiskAndes Crème de Menthe 3 POUND Bulk After-Dinner Chocolate MintsBrownies, Blondies, and BarsThe Made-from-Scratch Brownie Cookbook: 25 Homemade Brownie Recipes