Easter Nest Rice Krispies Treats with Mini Robin Eggs
A super fun spin on a classic Rice Krispies treat, these Easter Nest Krispies Treats with Mini Robin Eggs are sure to be a hit! These bite sized treats are full of flavor and are just as cute as can be. The addition of a few coconut flakes and mini candy coated Robin Eggs really make this treat stand out, and you would not believe how easy they are to put together using a mini muffin pan as a mold. What a fun treat to celebrate Easter with, these are sure to be one of the highlights of the party menu!
Easter Nest Rice Krispies Treats with Mini Robin Eggs Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 package Mini Robin Eggs
- ½ cup coconut
- 2-3 drops green food coloring
- Cooking spray
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Spray a bit of cooking spray on your hands.
- Form a small ball of Rice Krispies mixture, and place into mini muffin tin.
- Using a spoon, form the ball around the bottom and sides, to create a “nest”.
- Put coconut in a zipper bag and add food coloring, zip and shake well until coconut is coated and green in color.
- Add a few coconut flakes to each “nest”.
- Top with 3 Mini Robin Eggs.
Don’t miss my other Easter Rice Krispie Treats Posts: Easter Bunny Poop Rice Krispie Treats and Rice Krispies Pops with Easter Sprinkles (also posted later this week will be Carrot Garden Pudding Pops – just in time for Easter!)
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Easter Nest Krispies Treats with Mini Robin Eggs Recipe:
The Rice Krispies Treats CookbookWilton Perfect Results Non-Stick Mini Muffin and Cupcake Pan, 24-CupOXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-PieceOxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula SetCuisinart 619-14 Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 1-Quart Saucepan with CoverMini Robin Eggs Candy, 13.75-Ounce BagMcCormick Green Food Color, 1 fl oz