My Butter Pecan Ice Cream Muffins are a simple bake. These easy bake muffins are flavored with butter pecan ice cream and chopped pecan nuts for added crunch.
When it comes to an easy muffin recipe, you can’t beat my Butter Pecan Ice Cream Muffins.
These delicious muffins make a great breakfast muffin, but also a tasty treat any time of the day.
I loved baking with my boys and muffins are a great bake with kids. The batter is really simple to make and they enjoy filling the muffin tray with paper liners and pouring the batter.
We love enjoying ice cream in our home, and our local grocer has been running phenomenal sales on ice cream as the weather heats up here in Texas. I thought this would be an ideal time to experiment with some recipes that include ice cream.
I wanted to do something a little different and I am thrilled to share some of the results with you. Today’s delicious treat is Butter Pecan Ice Cream Muffins!
Earlier this month I shared with you a similar recipe for Neapolitan Ice Cream Muffins that I hope you’ll check out too!
How to make Butter Pecan Ice Cream Muffins:
- Look out all your ingredients ready to start.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- Line a muffin tin with paper or silicone liners, or grease the tin.
- Add the oats to a food processor or blender and blitz to form an oat flour.
- In a large bowl, sift together the oat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Place the butter into a small saucepan and gently heat the butter until it begins to brown, taking care not to burn it.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ice cream, browned butter, and egg and mix together.
- Add the flour mixture to the ice cream mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in chopped pecans.
- Divide the batter into muffin tin, filling each liner just over 2/3 of the way full.
- Place the tin in the hot oven and bake for 16-18 minutes or until the muffins begin to brown on top.
- Remove the pan from the oven and take the muffins out of the pan and set onto a wire rack to cool.
- OAT FLOUR: you can buy oat flour at the store, alternatively do what I’ve done here and blitz rolled oats to form an oat flour.
- BROWN SUGAR: I use brown sugar as it has a great molasses flavor which tastes great with the pecans. However, you can use granulated sugar if that’s all you have.
- BAKING POWDER & BAKING SODA: are added to the muffin batter to help the cakes to rise.
- BUTTER: you can use salted or unsalted butter to make these muffins.
- ICE CREAM: butter pecan ice cream provides the flavor for the batter. The ice cream should be melted but not hot.
- EGG: 1 large egg is added to the muffin batter.
- PECANS: crushed pecans are added to the muffin batter and add a lovely crunch to the sweet muffins.
The combination of nutty flavors in this recipe are really simple and easily adapted to suit your own tastes. Here are some ideas:
- Hazelnut Praline Ice Cream and crushed hazelnuts
- Coffee & Walnut Ice Cream and crushed walnuts
- Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream and crushed peanuts
- Pistachio Ice Cream and crushed pistachios
Can Butter Pecan Muffins be made ahead?
The muffin batter can be made the day before and stored in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake. This makes these tasty muffins the ideal make ahead breakfast, just remove the batter from the fridge, fill the muffin tray and bake. Perfect hot muffins, straight from the oven for a tasty weekend breakfast in minutes.
How long can you store Muffins?
Once baked, these muffins can be cooled, placed in an airtight container and stored on the counter top for 3-4 days.
Can I freeze Muffins?
These tasty muffins are easily frozen. Once cooled, place the muffins into an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, remove from the freezer and defrost thoroughly before eating.
- Take care when melting the ice cream, you only want it to melt, not to heat up otherwise you risk splitting the muffin batter.
- You can easily grease the muffin tray with butter, but I prefer to use paper or silicone muffin tin liners. This makes getting the muffins out of the tray a whole lot easier.
- To make Gluten Free Butter Pecan Ice Cream Muffins ensure the rolled oats and baking powder you are using are also gluten free.
Don’t miss these additional great muffin recipes here at When is Dinner:
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Apple Oatmeal Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Chunky Monkey Muffins
- Strawberry Muffins
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Muffins
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Peanut Butter Banana Oat Muffins
- 2 cups oat flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter
- 1 ½ cup butter pecan ice cream melted but not hot
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup crushed pecans
Remove from pan and allow to cool.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
These are a few items I find helpful when preparing these Butter Pecan Ice Cream Muffins in my own kitchen:
Wilton Recipe Right Muffin Pan, 12-Cup Non-Stick Muffin PanNinja Food Chopper Express Chop with 200-Watt, 16-Ounce Bowl for Mincing, Chopping, Grinding, Blending and Meal Prep (NJ110GR)Pyrex 4-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set with Large 8 Cup Measuring CupOXO Good Grips Mixing Bowl Set with Black Handles, 3-PieceOXO Good Grips Cake Tester – Non-Slip Handle – Simplify BakingPam Baking No-stick Cooking Spray 3pcsAmazonBasics Reusable Silicone Baking Cups, Pack of 12Tovolo Cupcake Scoop