Pigs in a Blanket Cocktail Sausages
Pigs in a Blanket Cocktail Sausages are an appetizer that’s always a huge hit at parties and celebrations.
They so very easy to make, the main ingredients being a package of cocktail sausages that you wrap in crescent rolls.
The key to making them GREAT though, is in the sauce. Some people ask me, “What sauce?” They just wrap, bake, and go. That works too, but they are so delicious if you bake them in sauce first. Try it, then let me know what you think!
How to Make Pigs in a Blanket
Little smokies wrapped in a crescent roll blanket could not be easier to make! Just 2 MAIN ingredients and everyone absolutely loves these.
- Mix sauces and bake little smokies in the secret sauce.
- Open crescent rolls and slice the roll into 1″ slices.
- Unroll each slice and wrap around baked little smokies.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake and serve.
Sometimes I buy the Little Smokies with cheese inside, or add a bit of shredded cheese to them before I wrap them.
You could also brush the top with a bit of butter (or use buttery crescent rolls).
The Honey Butter Crescent Rolls make these especially delicious!
- 1 package of cocktail sausages – I use all beef Little Smokies
- 1 can of crescent rolls.
- A-1 Sauce (About 1/4 cup)
- BBQ Sauce – I use Sweet Baby Ray’s (about 1/4 cup)
- Worcestershire Sauce (about 1/4 cup)
Preheat oven to 350
Pour the cocktail sausages in a pie plate
Pour the liquid sauces over the top.
Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Remove from oven, and open can of crescent rolls.
Break the crescents into their pre-cut triangles.
Cut them into smaller triangles.
Wrap smokies in triangles and place on baking sheet.
Return to oven and bake about 15 minutes until roll is golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g