Air fryer potato wedges are low in fat and healthier than store-bought French fries. The potatoes are cut in strips, seasoned, and cooked in the air fryer. They’re the perfect side to lunch or dinner.
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
This air fryer potato wedges recipe is quick and easy and can be made at the same time while you’re cooking the rest of your meal. Made in just 30 minutes total, mostly hands-off, you’ll love how crispy they are. The best part? You won’t even need to turn on the oven.
These seasoned potato wedges are one of the easiest air fryer appetizers. The best potatoes to use are russet potatoes since they have such great flavor. Let them soak in cold water for 10 minutes before cooking to help remove excess starch and prevent them from sticking together while cooking.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Russet potatoes: Russet are best for making air fryer potatoes
- Vegetable oil: You can also use olive oil if you don’t have vegetable oil
- Seasoning salt (Lawry’s): This seasoning already has salt in it so be sure not to add too much salt separately
- Salt: Use kosher or sea salt because they have the best flavor
How to cook potato wedges in the air fryer
Slice the potatoes into wedges,
Place them in a large bowl.
Cover the potatoes with water and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
Drain and rinse the potatoes, then return them to the bowl.
Toss the potatoes with vegetable oil, seasoning salt, and salt.
Spread half the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Cook at 400 degrees for 18 minutes, tossing halfway through the cook time.
Repeat the cooking process for the second half of the wedges.
There are many potato wedges air fryer recipes out there, but this one is great because it’s simple and delicious. Here are some variations you can make if you’d like.
Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley and shredded parmesan over the top after cooking for a flavor boost.
Combine the cut potatoes with garlic powder and olive oil to give this recipe a different flavor profile.
These would be DELICIOUS served with Air Fryer Steak!
How to store
Air fryer French fries are easy to store if you have any left over. Just pop them into an air-tight container and put them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
A really great way to reheat them is to put them back in the air fryer for a few minutes. This will make them crispy again. However, microwaving the potatoes would heat them up but wouldn’t change the texture.
The best way to freeze these potato wedges is to cook them about half way, lay them out on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper in a single layer, and freeze for 15 minutes. After that, remove them from the freezer and put them in a gallon size zip-top bag. Be sure to label the bag with what’s inside, the date, and cooking instructions.
To cook them from frozen, don’t try to thaw them first, just put them right in the air fryer.
Why do you soak potatoes in water before air frying? Soaking potatoes in water before air frying will help pull out the starch and make them stay separate while cooking and not stick together.
Can you put frozen wedges in the air fryer? Yes, you can put frozen potato wedges in the air fryer. They will take a little longer to cook, though.
Why are my air fryer fries soggy? Your fries get soggy if there is too much moisture when cooking the potatoes. After you take them out of the water bath, make sure to dry them as much as possible using paper towels before drizzling them in oil and adding the seasoning.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (Lawry’s)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Slice the potatoes into wedges and place them in a large bowl.
- Cover the potatoes with water and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the potatoes, then return them to the bowl.
- Toss the potatoes with vegetable oil, seasoning salt, and salt.
- Spread half the potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 18 minutes, tossing halfway through the cook time.
- Repeat the cooking process for the second half of the wedges.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1310mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
These are a few items I find helpful in my own kitchen when preparing this Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe:
Don’t miss these additional Potato Recipes here at When Is Dinner:
- Hashbrown Casserole
- Slow Cooker Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Cheesy Potato Casserole
- Homemade Potato Skins
- Philly Cheesesteak Potato Skins
- Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- Crockpot Potato Soup
- Loaded Ranch Twice Baked Potatoes
- Loaded Roasted Potatoes & Chicken
- Homemade French Fries
- Scalloped Potatoes with Cheese
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Hash Brown Casserole