This Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken is based off the classic Bang Bang Shrimp. It’s deliciously seasoned, cooked in the air fryer, and coated with a creamy, spicy sauce. This is the perfect game day snack or easy dinner.
Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken
Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken is very easy to make for dinner any night. The chicken wings are coated in a blend of seasonings and Panko bread crumbs and then the fried chicken is coated in the spicy chili sauce. You can use a sweet chili sauce if you’d prefer, though. It’s up to you how spicy you want them to be.
This chicken recipe can be made in under 30 minutes which is especially nice if you’ve had a long day, want a quick and easy dinner, or just want that excellent bang bang sauce flavor. You can use a whole fryer chicken cut into pieces if you don’t have wings as well. If you have an air fryer, there’s really no excuse to not make this tasty air fryer chicken.
Bang bang chicken wings Air Fryer
Combine the flour, panko, and seasonings together.
Combine the eggs and milk into a separate bowl.
Dip chicken in the egg mixture, followed by the flour mixture, and then line them onto a cookie sheet.
Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
Place the wings in the air fryer basket and cook on 400 , 10 minutes on one side.
Flip after 10 minutes cook time, spray with non stick cooking spray, cook 5-6 more minutes or until chicken wings are fully cooked.
While the chicken wings are cooking, add all of the ingredients for the spicy sauce.
When the wings are ready, toss them in the spicy sauce
Serve them garnished with green onion tops or fresh parsley before serving.
What to eat with Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken
So you’ve made these delicious air fried chicken pieces or wings and you want something to go with it. Here are some tasty ideas:
- French fries are a classic chicken wings side. You can make them in the oven while the wings cook in the air fryer, or you can put them in the air fryer after the wings are done cooking.
- A lighter vegetable side would go great with this crispy chicken as well. You can steam broccoli or cauliflower or sauté asparagus or zucchini slices.
- Salad would be a great side as well. You can make a classic green salad with lettuce or a different kind like couscous salad, rice pilaf salad, or a fruit salad.
Bang bang sauce is made up of mayonnaise, spicy chili sauce, sugar, and salt, although there are many other recipes for this sauce, this one is exceptional.
Traditionally this dish is made by tenderizing the chicken by hitting it with a meat mallet and the resulting sound is how it got its name.
Meal plans don’t always end up being exactly what you cook that week. If you decide you want to make this bang bang chicken recipe but don’t want (or have time) to go to the store, here are some ways you can still make it.
Instead of chicken wings, you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces.
If you’re out of the spicy chili bang bang chicken sauce, you can use sriracha sauce.
If you don’t have an air fryer, (and can’t make air fryer recipes) you can do this same recipe in the oven at 400 degrees. Be sure to flip them halfway through. You may need to cook for up to 10 minutes longer. Check the temperature and make sure they’re at least 160 degrees before removing them from the oven. Allow them to cool because they’ll be very hot.
- 12-15 wings cut into pieces (about 24-30 wings)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder1/4 tsp dried basil
- Spicy sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 4 tsp sombal chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Combine the flour, panko, and seasonings together.
- Combine the eggs and milk into a separate bowl.
- Dip the wings in the egg mixture, followed by the flour mixture, and then line them onto a cookie sheet.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
- Cook on 400
- 10 minutes on one side.
- Flip after 10 minutes,
- Spray with oil, cook 5-6 more minutes or until chicken wings are fully cooked.
- While the chicken wings are cooking, add all of the ingredients for the spicy sauce.
- When the wings are ready, toss them in the spicy sauce and serve them garnished with green onion tops or fresh parsley before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 459mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g