My Pepperoni Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls are a delicious appetizer that requires very little preparation. Using a can of crescent dough, I roll them out, spread over some delicious cream cheese then top with slices of pepperoni. Roll up, glaze with melted butter, and bake in a hot oven, for a tasty snack in minutes.
Pepperoni Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
One of my favorite quick and easy appetizers is a filled crescent roll. I have quite a few recipes on my site and love playing with the flavors.
Assembly of these cheesy pepperoni crescent rolls is straight forward, so easy that you can get the kids to help you. Sometimes I will lay out a variety of ingredients and let everyone fill their rolls exactly how they like them.
This is such an easy 3-ingredient snack, back to school lunch, or game-day appetizer! It’s a slab of cream cheese and some pepperoni rolled up in a crescent and baked.
They also make a great party appetizer as you can get ahead by preparing and rolling up in advance, then store the rolls in the refrigerator until you are ready to glaze with melted butter and bake when guests arrive.
- DOUGH: I use 1 package crescent roll dough to make 8 crescent rolls.
- CHEESE: I spread the dough with cream cheese, use any flavor.
- PEPPERONI: I like to use thin sliced of pepperoni as they work best.
- BUTTER: use salted or unsalted melted butter to glaze the rolls before baking. This step is entirely optional.
How to make Pepperoni Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pop open the can of crescent rolls and separate them out on a lightly floured surface.
Use a knife to slice off a strip of cream cheese from the short end of the block. How thick your slices are is totally up to you. Mine were less than 1/4 inch.
Lay the cream cheese slice down on the fat end of the crescent roll.
Top with about 4 pepperoni slices, and gently press them into the cream cheese.
Roll up the crescents, starting at the fat end. It doesn’t need to be perfect; if there is some cheese or pepperoni peeking out, that’s okay.
Arrange on the baking sheet.
If glazing the rolls with melted butter do that at this stage.
Bake in the hot oven for about 11-12 minutes, or until light golden brown.
These easy crescent rolls are really easily adapted to suit the flavors you enjoy. Here are some suggestions:
- Make them extra cheesy by topping the cream cheese with some shredded cheese. Try mozzarella, sharp cheddar, Swiss or pepper jack cheese.
- Swap sliced pepperoni for thin slices of salami or ham, or add shredded leftover chicken.
- Add a touch of chili heat with red pepper flakes, or jalapeno peppers.
- Thinly slice some black olives and add to the mix.
Pepperoni Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls are a great appetizer, serve them at your next party of games night with my Sloppy Joe Crescent Rolls, Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls, Pizza Crescent Rolls, Pigs in a Blanket Cocktail Sausages or Cajun Bacon Wrapped Sausages.
Recipe hints & tips
- Get ahead and prepare these crescent rolls earlier in the day, up to the end of Step 8 in the recipe card below. Then store in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake.
- Add the butter glaze just before baking to avoid the rolls becoming soggy.
Crescent dough is a softer, laminated dough with many layers, whereas pizza dough is a bread based dough. However, crescent dough is a quick and easy substitute for pizza dough.
Instead of using crescent dough, you can use pie dough, phyllo dough, or puff pastry for these pop-ups.
Use your hands or a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Be careful not to stretch it too much and make holes in the dough.
Yes, absolutely. Set the air fryer to 380 degrees F and arrange the pizza rolls in the basket in a single layer, then cook or 6-8 minutes until golden.
Try some of my favorite savory crescent roll recipes here at When is Dinner:
- Easy Chicken Crescent Rolls
- Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls
- Cheesy Chicken Crescent Rolls
- Stromboli Crescent Rolls
- Chicken Pot Pie Crescent Rolls
- Pizza Crescent Rolls
- Sloppy Joe Crescent Rolls
- Taco Crescent Roll Pinwheels
- 1 package crescent roll dough
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 32 slices pepperoni
- melted butter, for brushing (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pop open the can of crescent rolls and separate them out on a lightly floured surface.
- Use a knife to slice off a strip of cream cheese from the short end of the block. How thick your slices are is totally up to you. Mine were less than 1/4 inch.
- Lay the cream cheese slice down on the fat end of the crescent roll.
- Top with about 4 pepperoni slices, and gently press them into the cream cheese.
- Roll up the crescents, starting at the fat end. It doesn’t need to be perfect; if there is some cheese or pepperoni peeking out, that’s okay.
- Arrange on the baking sheet.
- If glazing the rolls with melted butter do that at this stage.
- Bake in the hot oven for about 11-12 minutes, or until light golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information provided above is approximate and for guidance purposes only.