Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls are a tasty appetizer recipe made with crescent dough, cream cheese, jalapenos, cheddar cheese, and bacon. These little roll-ups are perfect for an afternoon snack for the kids or to take to a pot-luck dinner party. You’ll need to make a double batch because these tasty treats will be snapped up before you know it.
Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls
These jalapeno popper crescent rolls are quick and easy to make and make your house smell like heaven. In just 20 minutes you can make a batch of crescent rolls that you can easily pop into your mouth or save for an appetizer before dinner. Either way, no one will be able to resist these crescent rolls.
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Dice the jalapenos.
In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, jalapeno, cheddar cheese, bacon, salt and pepper.
Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles.
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of each crescent roll.
Roll up the dough.
Place the rolls on the lined baking sheet,
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown.
Variations and tips for jalapeno popper crescent rolls
You can easily adjust this recipe to fit your tastes by adding or removing ingredients or changing the cooking method. Here are some suggestions for the best crescent rolls you’ll have all year.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before trying to mix it with the other ingredients. If it’s cold it will be hard to combine.
- Use a spoon to lightly spread the cream cheese mixture onto the dough. Try not to rip the dough while spreading it around. This is another reason it’s helpful if the cream cheese is warm.
- Rather than using the oven to bake these crescent rolls, you can use the air fryer instead. You’ll get the same golden brown outsides and melty insides with this cooking method.
- Use Pillsbury crescent dough for this recipe or another popular brand.
How to serve
Serve these poppers with other crescent rolls like Sloppy Joe Crescent Rolls, Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls, Pizza Crescent Rolls, or Cajun Bacon Wrapped Sausages.
How to store jalapeno popper crescent rolls
Keep any leftover jalapeno poppers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
You can leave them on the counter to warm up a bit from the fridge or heat them in the microwave for 15 seconds.
You can also freeze these crescent rolls for three months.
It’s best to set them on a baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes and then place them in a plastic bag and back in the freezer. This ensures they don’t stick together when they are all together in the bag in the freezer.
Label and date the bag so you remember what you’ve saved later.
Can you freeze jalapeno popper filling?
If you want to freeze the filling by itself, you can do this in an airtight container for three months. Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator and then spread it over rolled-out crescent dough.
How can you roll out crescent rolls?
Use your hands or a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Be careful not to stretch it too much and make holes in the dough.
What can I use in place of crescent rolls?
Instead of using crescent dough, you can use pie dough, phyllo dough, or puff pastry for these pop-ups.
Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls
Jalapeno Popper Crescent Rolls are a tasty appetizer recipe made with crescent dough, cream cheese, jalapenos, cheddar cheese, and bacon.
- 1 package crescent roll dough
- 4 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cream cheese, jalapeno, cheddar cheese, bacon, salt, and pepper.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate the triangles.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of each crescent roll and roll up the dough.
- Place the rolls on the lined baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g